Good morning everyone and happy Monday! We’ve got some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Learn a little bit more about some M’s prospects.
Thoughtful, talented, and opinionated. These Rainiers are more than just baseball, but they will be playing said sport this afternoon (1:35 PM) at Cheney Stadium. #thisisrcity pic.twitter.com/mM3NlheooH— Tacoma Rainiers (@RainiersLand) April 14, 2019
Sources: Mariners 1B prospect Evan White does not have any fractures in left foot after fouling a ball off it 3 nights ago.— Joe (@JoeDoyleWSU) April 14, 2019
He was placed on the 7-day DL, but isn't expected to miss too much time.
Around the league...
- An interesting figure appeared in the Mets postgame locker room on Saturday night.
Jason Vargas is about to have an ERA of 17.76 pretty soon. pic.twitter.com/SzkX96RLuf— JB (@JB_August) April 14, 2019
- This guy just cannot catch a break.
The Indians informed Brad Miller that he has been DFA’d. He’s going around the clubhouse hugging his teammates.— Mandy Bell (@MandyBell02) April 14, 2019
- Tigers starter Matt Moore will undergo knee surgery, which will put him on the shelf for at least the next 4-6 weeks.
- Craig Kimbrel has reportedly lowered his asking price as he continues to seek a deal.
- Rockies right-hander Germán Márquez took a no-hitter into the eighth inning last night.
- Breanna Stewart reportedly tore her Achilles in a EuroLeague game, which is awful news for Storm fans.