Let’s start by giving a shoutout to Chris Davis for breaking his hitless streak to start the year.
I can’t imagine how tough it would be to have my struggles so well documented, so congrats to Chris for recording a clutch-two out hit with runners in scoring position. Not only did he end his hitless streak, but he had himself a day afterwards. And he had a sense of humor about the whole thing, asking for the ball that ended his drought.
Chris Davis asking for the ball after breaking his streak. pic.twitter.com/DEuawPRlwQ— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) April 13, 2019
In Mariners News...
- Edgar Martinez got to swing one of Lou Gehrig’s bats during a Hall of Fame orientation visit. How cool would a Hall of Fame orientation visit be? What other cool stuff would you get to do?
It’s not a “Light Bat” but it’s still pretty cool. @Mariners #HOF2019 member @11EdgarMartinez had the chance to test out one of Lou Gehrig’s bats during his recent orientation visit. pic.twitter.com/Wx8Ecpj9P9— Baseball Hall ⚾ (@baseballhall) April 13, 2019
- Mariners prospects Julio Rodriguez and Noelvi Marte are listed as two of 24 potential breakout prospects in 2019 ($).
- Julio Rodriguez had a bit of a scare yesterday after getting hit in the hand; however, x-rays came back negative.
#Mariners No. 5 prospect Julio Rodriguez, who left yesterday's game after being hit by a pitch on the left hand, is day-to-day and isn't expected to miss much time after X-rays came back negative. More details: https://t.co/rTua6A9jYR pic.twitter.com/Z3Nnn4WUEh— MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline) April 13, 2019
- Evan White was added to MLB Pipeline’s Top 100 Prospects list.
- Mitch Haniger extended the Mariners’ homer streak to 17 games.
Around the League...
- I’ve always dreamed of snapping a bat over my knee, but I know for a fact I’m not strong enough to do so. Mike Zunino made it look easy.
- What just happened here?
- The Rangers put Rougned Odor on the 10-day IL.
.@Rangers place 2B Rougned Odor on 10-day IL (right knee sprain); select contract of INF Danny Santana; transfer RHP Edinson Volquez to 60-day IL.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) April 13, 2019
- Yasiel Puig is preparing for the Mexico Series by hitting dingers in batting practice.
- Alternative facts.
A quick reminder that the Oakland Coliseum used to be pretty ... pic.twitter.com/veliqiQVQl— Super 70s Sports (@Super70sSports) April 13, 2019
- Craig Kimbrell is still looking for a deal.
Free-agent closer Craig Kimbrel continues to seek a deal he believes to be fair and in the range of two recent free-agent relievers, Wade Davis (3 years, $52M) and Zack Britton (3/$39M), sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) April 13, 2019
- Cody Bellinger has had a strong start, wouldn't you say?
- Who else got up early to watch?
- Can someone with more knowledge than me provide some insight or background about this plane?