The Mariners notched their third tchedof the season yesterday, but are still tied for their best record through 16 games in franchise history. Peruse these links as you prepare for the M’s to get back to their winning ways tonight..
In Mariners News...
- Wade LeBlanc apparently suffered an oblique injury.
Mariners say Wade LeBlanc has a strained right oblique muscle. That's never good for a pitcher.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 13, 2019
- The Mariners may not have won last night, but this is still a cool stat.
Home run Tom Murphy!! The Mariners home run streak now at 16 games and they’ve scored 7 or more runs in 14 of their first 16 games.— Jen Mueller (@JenTalksSports) April 13, 2019
- Max Povse underwent successful shoulder surgery.
- Shed Long is off to an exceptional start in Tacoma.
Shed Long has reached base safely in his 1st 9 games with the #Rainiers.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 13, 2019
9G, .412/.487/.588/1.075, 14H, 1 2B, 1 3B, 1HR, 12R, 4RBI, 5BB, 9K.
Around the League...
This is the worst thing I have ever seen in my life. pic.twitter.com/aKjO2f06ts— Yankee Hotel Foxtrot Nixon (@CTowersCBS) April 12, 2019
- Read more about Robinson Cano’s move back to New York.
- Travis Sawchik breaks down the source of MLB’s increase in contract extensions.
- Sawchik offers more insight on the more prevalent extensions.
These extensions come after players beat clubs in arbitration in back-to-back years for the first time since 1989-90. In 2019 extensions to date, players have forfeited 51 combined arbitration-eligible seasons, 69 future free-agent years, and have agreed to 25 club options— Travis Sawchik (@Travis_Sawchik) April 12, 2019
- Mike Trout’s groin injury will be reevaluated on Sunday.
Update from #Angels: “Mike Trout was seen by Dr. Yoon this morning in LA. Imaging reveals a reduced amount of swelling to the groin. Mike also reports daily improvement. He will continue treatment in Anaheim & he will be re-evaluated Sunday. We will provide an update at that time— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) April 12, 2019
- Bring him back.
just kids at heart pic.twitter.com/c5aBYGI3IC— Shannon (@Miss_Met) April 12, 2019
- Dellin Betances’ shoulder will prevent him from pitching until June.
- Khris Davis has already hit 10 home runs in 2019.
- In case you haven’t read it yet, FanGraphs breaks down Ozzie Albies’ contract extension.
- The leaderboard at the Masters is full of exciting players heading into the weekend.
The weekend arrives with a leader board full of major champions and major talents. #themasters pic.twitter.com/dWF3ozgf4j— Masters Tournament (@TheMasters) April 13, 2019