Good morning everybody! The Mariners continue to break records.
The #Mariners have homered in each of their first 14 games of the season, matching the 2002 Cleveland Indians for the longest streak of consecutive games with a home run to begin a season.— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) April 11, 2019
Let’s keep it going!
In Mariners news...
- With the rash of bullpen injuries they’ve suffered, the Mariners have added a veteran righty you may remember well from his Rangers days in Neftali Feliz. He’ll report to AAA-Tacoma. After a mid-career velocity dip, Feliz appeared back up to the mid and upper 90s the last couple seasons. Despite debuting in 2009 and winning the 2010 AL Rookie of the Year, Feliz has only just turned 30.
Mariners signing RHP Neftali Feliz to a minor league deal. Pitched last year at Reno in the PCL.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) April 11, 2019
- Scott Servais had a plan.
- This is great.
- Baseball America takes a look at the new direction that the Mariners find themselves in.
- Jay Jaffe from Fangraphs tries to figure out how the M’s have gotten off to their hot start in a year where they were trying to rebuild.
- Ryan Divish talked about what the Mariners have done to torture opposing pitching staffs.
Around the league...
- Michael McCann at Sports Illustrated digs into the case of an Astros fan who sued the mascot for a broken finger they got as a result of the t-shirt cannon.
- Who knew the White Sox were worth so much?
Every MLB team is worth at least $1 billion for the first time per @Forbes. Here are the most profitable teams by operating income:— Kurt Badenhausen (@kbadenhausen) April 10, 2019
1. Dodgers $95M
2. Phillies $94M
3. Cubs $87M
4. Giants/Red Sox $84M
6. White Sox $76Mhttps://t.co/nwueMtdTgQ pic.twitter.com/Rn1VH29zk6
- This is simply unfair.
- The Stockton Ports are giving fans the chance to select walk-up music for opposing batters.
- Javier Báez is using the Vlad Guerrero model to find success at the plate, notes Craig Edwards at Fangraphs.
- The Cardinals agreed to a two-year contract extension with Matt Carpenter.
- Edwin Jackson has agreed to a minor league contract with the A’s.
- Trevor Rosenthal’s outless streak has finally ended.
- Go see the Storm!