In Mariners News...
- Well that’s quite the start to the season.
The #Mariners improve to 5-1 and become the 4th team in club history to begin the season with a record of 5-1 or better, joining the Seattle clubs of 1985 (6-0), 1984 (5-1) and 1995 (5-1).— MarinersPR (@MarinersPR) April 1, 2019
- Who would’ve thought?
Of course it's early. Of course none of this might mean much in a 162-game marathon. But Mariners are the champions of March, so there is that. pic.twitter.com/wYhgzyOCvV— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) April 1, 2019
- The defending World Series champs combined for 22 earned runs this series.
#Mariners against Boston starters this four-game series.— Lauren Smith (@smithlm12) March 31, 2019
Sale - 3 innings, 7 runs (7 earned), 6 hits, 21.00 ERA
Eovaldi - 5 innings, 6 runs (6), 8 hits, 10.80 ERA
Rodriguez - 4.1 innings, 6 runs (5), 8 hits, 10.38 ERA
Porcello - 2.2 innings, 9 runs (4), 6 hits, 13.50 ERA
Around the League...
- The reigning MVP already has three home runs this season.
Christian Yelich's teammates are sick & tired of him hitting homers. pic.twitter.com/J6RGJh5hSf— Cut4 (@Cut4) March 31, 2019
- My favorite kind of videos.
- Check out this article about how A’s pitcher Frankie Montas got his confidence back.
You can talk about his new splitter, or the fact that he’s locating better. But Frankie Montas’ real breakthrough began to take form while sitting on a plane in Nashville last season and he received an unprompted text from a former teammate. https://t.co/UaiwmNA377— Julian McWilliams (@JulianMack105) April 1, 2019
- Josh Hader has been DEALING.
Josh Hader of the @Brewers has thrown 30 pitches this season - and every single one has been a fastball.— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) March 31, 2019
Batters have swung 22 times against it so far. The results:
- Swing-and-miss: 18
- Foul ball: 2
- Ball in play: 2 pic.twitter.com/40cQKgB5Do
- Wow, so many close games this weekend. Texas Tech is the only team I have left on my bracket so fingers crossed they advance to the finals!