Good morning everybody and happy Monday! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- He’s not a guy I expected to get cut from camp this early, but alright.
Roster move, Mariners option Joey Curletta to AAA Tacoma. Camp roster now at 61.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) March 3, 2019
Around the league...
- Yesterday was exhilarating for right-hander Xavier Moore, who was traded twice in the span of one day.
- Ah yes, the getting-to-know-you stage.
You may not know #Dbacks catcher @theineman13 yet, but give him a few minutes and he'll blow your mind just like he did @RobbieRay's.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) March 3, 2019
More on #DbacksSpring's resident magician: https://t.co/XaPExRSwD7 pic.twitter.com/My8MsOVkGC
- The Angels have considered offering Mike Trout a 10-year, $350 million deal. They’re gonna have to do better than that.
- So I’d say Bryce Harper was a hit in Philly.
According to Fanatics, Bryce Harper broke the record for the best 24 hours of sales for a jersey launch for any player in any sport.— Matt Breen (@matt_breen) March 3, 2019
- A little weird if they really don’t have a name for him yet.
Closer look at Cleveland’s new mascot. I don’t think it has a name yet so let’s hear your suggestions pic.twitter.com/YsAphXPWWh— Cody Tapp (@codybtapp) March 3, 2019
- Bill Baer notes the hypocrisy that is Major League Baseball using Vlad Guerrero, Jr. as a marketing tool while he’s still being forced to play in the minors.
- This is just absurd.