Well, I guess you can’t win all 162 games. Sometimes the defending World Series champions will steal one from you. Happens. Nevertheless, we will still provide you with some quality links to start your weekend.
In Mariners News...
- The Mariners made a trade yesterday.
- SI debates whether or not the Mariners are good.
- The Trenton Thunder are giving away this interesting Justus Sheffield bobblehead.
It's finally time to reveal our Justus Sheffield Bobblehead!— Trenton Thunder (@TrentonThunder) March 29, 2019
On Friday, July 19th we will be giving away a Justus "Chef"-field Bobblehead to the first 1500 fans 14 & over.
We're also serving $2 Case's Pork Roll Sandwiches that night #TeamPorkRoll | https://t.co/0TpRlAPK7f pic.twitter.com/eMlU7DKyLP
- Mallex Smith doesn’t want his helmet to fall off.
Mallex Smith desperately trying to keep his helmet on as he runs out of the box is a mood pic.twitter.com/4CUnK9F5R0— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) March 30, 2019
- Yusei Kikuchi has a very crafty slider.
Yusei Kikuchi, Nasty Back Foot Slider.— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) March 30, 2019
[Undoubtedly a nasty pitch, but honestly, I just wanted to work in the "Very Crafty" clip from the Mariner's commercial. https://t.co/HNYMl3QjIG] pic.twitter.com/HTnNJ7etu2
- Logan Gilbert demonstrating some impressive velocity.
My last significant target for spring training was #Mariners RHP Logan Gilbert, and he's pitching right now. FB in 1st inning was 92-95. Gave up oppo field double to fellow 1st rounder Brice Turang.— Bill Mitchell (@billazbbphotog) March 30, 2019
- More Mariners bobbleheads.
Let us make your Friday even better.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) March 29, 2019
We've got two more @OriginalFunko Pop! Collectibles coming your way in 2019.
Edgar MartÍnez, 7/20: https://t.co/FqOL8xkMSu
Ichiro, 9/28: https://t.co/Pbi5A7atFX pic.twitter.com/aKLvNlhEIQ
- Take that, Steamer.
Steamer projected Tim Beckham to be worth 0.6 fWAR in 2019— Patrick Dubuque (@euqubud) March 29, 2019
Tim Beckham has been worth 0.7 fWAR in 2019
Around the League...
- Good thing nobody changed the teleprompter before this news anchor race.
- Tropicana Field trying out a magenta tinge.
- Justin Upton will miss a couple of months.
Justin Upton is expected to be out 8-12 weeks, per Brad Ausmus. They just got further evaluation from a doctor. #Angels— Jeff Fletcher (@JeffFletcherOCR) March 30, 2019
- Even with Justin Upton injured, the Angels aren’t going to make any moves to solidify their outfield depth.
Billy Eppler said he does not anticipate the Angels making additional moves outside of the organization to supplement their outfield depth, even with Justin Upton now out 8-12 weeks.— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) March 30, 2019
- Interesting attendance stat.
The Miami Marlins averaged 10,013 fans in attendance last season. Five #NCAAgym teams alone have topped that number in 2019: Utah, Alabama, LSU, UCLA, and Georgia (in order from high to low).— Tara G (@taranicoleg) March 28, 2019
- MLBPA Communication issued a statement about MLB teams fighting to suppress salaries in arbitration.
Executive Director Tony Clark issued the following statement in response to the revelation in The Athletic’s story today that MLB awards a “championship belt” to the club that does the “best job” in arbitration: pic.twitter.com/4x8OezF3PF— MLBPA Communications (@MLBPA_News) March 29, 2019
- Marc Craig provides a unique look at MLB’s arbitration process ($).
- One of the Marlins’ top 30 prospects will miss significant time.
Tough break for @Marlins prospect Osiris Johnson. Osiris had surgery to repair a tibial stress fracture. Anticipated recovery is 5-6 months. Osiris is ranked by @MLBPipeline as Miami's No. 12 prospect. He was a second round pick last year.— Joe Frisaro (@JoeFrisaro) March 29, 2019
- Brewers reliever Corey Knebel will undergo Tommy John surgery.
- Here is a history lesson on the curveball.
The curveball was first thrown in the late 1800s, during a time when pitchers threw the ball UNDERHAND. pic.twitter.com/52ZlBMBes5— SB Nation (@SBNation) March 29, 2019
- Bob Nightengale takes a look at salaries in Major League Baseball.
- Facebook will stream only six MLB games this season.
- Ben Lindbergh states that we are currently watching the best baseball players ever.
- Here are some minor league rule changes that are going into effect.
Interesting. Minor League rule changes going into effect this year:— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) March 29, 2019
AAA-AA levels will have 3-batter minimum (or end of inning) requirement for any pitcher, barring injury.
All levels will start extra innings with a runner on second.
Reduced mound visits at all levels.
- Hunter Bishop hit his 15th homer.
B5: Hunter Bishop. Home run #15.— Jack Harris (@Jack_A_Harris) March 30, 2019
4-0 ASU pic.twitter.com/16zx2Dut9M
- The New York Times discussed Jumbotron Proposals.