My roommate and I have been contemplating a trip to Peoria for quite some time. Should we commit? Are any of you going down to Arizona to watch Spring Training games? All of you should read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Mitch Haniger talks about the Mariners’ rebuild.
- Who else is excited for Yusei’s future?
Yusei Kikuchi was 92-93 in the first inning of his debut, 89-92 in the second. Today has held 93-94 thru 2ip. Secondaries (cutter, curveball, few splits) look great.— Eric Longenhagen (@longenhagen) March 2, 2019
- Dan Vogelbach is playing very well.
Yusei Kikuchi continues to impress, Daniel Vogelbach gets on base four times in today's Cactus League action. FINAL: Royals 8, Mariners 0— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) March 2, 2019
Marco Gonzales takes the mound tomorrow vs. the Diamondbacks at 12:10 p.m. on @ROOTSPORTS_NW.#MarinersST
Around the League...
- The Phillies followed their Bryce Harper deal with another big signing.
Jonathan Lucroy just took Greinke deep. Greinke yelled “golly” as soon as Lucroy connected.— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) March 2, 2019
- Former Mariner Danny Farquhar has battled back from a life-threatening occurrence and took the mound on Saturday.
Danny Farquhar is pitching in his first game since his life-threatening ordeal: pic.twitter.com/Aov76BMcZP— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) March 2, 2019
- Bryce Harper is in it for the long haul.
Harper on no opt-out: "I wanted to dig my roots somewhere ... Through the ups, the downs, the good the bad ... It's going to be tough to win every single year, I know that."— The Good Bryce (@TheGoodPhight) March 2, 2019
- Bryce Harper and The Phanatic are now acquainted.
ROCKY (1976)— Jon Tayler, Smiling Politely (@JATayler) March 2, 2019
Directed by John G. Avildsen https://t.co/qhT7uHVPTT
- Is there an underlying jab here? Can’t tell.
- Joey Gallo added a member to his family.
Welcome to the family baby “Joey” pic.twitter.com/nI2xJDKYjE— Joey Gallo (@JoeyGallo24) March 1, 2019
- Scott Boras is a music fan.
Scott Boras on Phillies owner John Middleton: “The maestro wanted to build the championship symphony. ‘I want The Harp.’ The Philly Phil-Harp-monic symphony was built.”— Andy McCullough (@McCulloughTimes) March 2, 2019
Boras also described Rhys Hoskins as a great tuba player.
- Bryce wants a share of baseball’s revenue.
Bryce Harper on his $330 million deal— Ben Nicholson-Smith (@bnicholsonsmith) March 2, 2019
“Baseball’s worth $11.5 billion (annually), so I think some of that should go to the players”
- Here’s more on Bryce’s decision to sign with the Phillies.
- Have I included enough on Bryce Harper yet?
Since entering @MLB in 2012, @Bharper3407 has had 7 seasons of .340 OBP+.— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) March 2, 2019
Only Mel Ott, Jimmie Foxx and John McGraw (8 seasons) have more through age 25. All 3 players are in the @baseballhall. pic.twitter.com/6pkPnJ6dja
- Can this possibly be real?
Alex Bregman got hit in the left elbow with a Jeryus Familia sinker in his third plate appearance. He is fine.— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) March 2, 2019
Bregman said he dreamed last night he would be hit by a pitch. Before his third at-bat, he asked Alex De Goti to borrow his elbow pad. He wore it and was hit.
- The Nationals are looking to build a dominant bullpen.
The Nats have Doolittle, Rosenthal (who looks great) and Baraclough but they remain keenly interested in Craig Kimbrel. Two of the other main threats on CK are the Braves and Phillies, who have done plenty. @Buster_ESPN and @Ken_Rosenthal mentioned Nats interest— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) March 2, 2019
- Justin Bour hit a ball far.
- Miss you.
- Manny Machado says San Diego’s future is bright.
- Jake Browning performed well at the combine, which makes me happy.