Hello everybody and happy Tuesday! Opening Day (for everyone except the Mariners and A’s) is just two days away! Here’s what you need to know as you get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- A little minor league promotion here: The AquaSox will be holding their Open House and national anthem tryouts on May 18th.
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wrapped up the magnificent career of Ichiro. ($)
- Meanwhile, down on the farm...
Mariners release 5 minor leaguers: pic.twitter.com/f9lCgDK6OG— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) March 26, 2019
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider ranks the 25 players on the Mariners roster.
Around the league...
- We’ve got some more pitching goodness.
- A former Mariner will be closing games for the ChiSox.
White Sox 2019 bullpen: Colome (closer), Jones, Herrera, Fry, Frare, Covey, Burr and Banuelos— Scott Merkin (@scottmerkin) March 24, 2019
- This is very strange.
All indications are the Mets plan to place catcher Devin Mesoraco on the restricted list rather than grant him his release. Assuming they do, Mesoraco intends to retire, according to a source. He will not report to Triple-A with the Mets organization.— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) March 25, 2019
- It appears as though Jesus Sucre has broken camp with the Orioles to begin the season.
- Jesse Rogers at ESPN looked at the legacy of Theo Epstein.
- Alden Gonzalez takes us behind the curtain on the negotiations for Mike Trout’s megadeal.
- Interestingly, it looks like Joe Maddon might be on the hot seat this season.
- Andrew Romine will join former Mariners Jean Segura, Juan Nicasio, and James Pazos in Philadelphia this summer.
- Ryan Braun missed the Brewers’ final two exhibition games of the spring — in Montreal — because he forgot his passport.