Good morning everybody! I hope you’re all enjoying the most boring March Madness tournament of all time. Regardless, we’ve got plenty of other sports stories for you. Let’s get to ‘em.
In Mariners news...
- With the home opener just around the corner, Ryan Divish answers some fan questions with his latest mailbag.
Around the league...
- This dude seems intriguing.
- Ooh, a transaction involving a former Mariners farmhand and a former Mariners draftee.
Giants traded minor league RHP Tyler Herb to the Orioles for OF Mike Yastrzemski. Yaz is going to minor league camp.— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) March 23, 2019
- Here’s some interesting insight from Mike Trout on his extension.
Mike Trout: "I kind of saw what Bryce and Manny went through and it drew a red flag for me. I talked to Manny and Bryce. It was a tough couple months in the offseason. They put it perspective in my mind. I obviously want to be an Angel for life. That was a big key."— Fabian Ardaya (@FabianArdaya) March 24, 2019
- José Ramírez was diagnosed with a left knee injury, potentially leaving the Indians without their two best infielders to start the season.
- The Indians have agreed to a major league contract with Brad Miller to help fill in for the injuries.
- The Blue Jays have agreed to a one-year pact with right-hander Daniel Hudson.
- Twinkie Town takes a hard look at Minnesota’s new outfielder John Andreoli.
- This man is a hero.