You know what’s weird? Posting the links after the completion of a Mariners game on the same day. Once again I am in the dark on what happened this morning. Regardless, here are some stories for you as you (possibly) enjoy the beginning of March Madness.
In Mariners news...
- Here’s a fun fact from yesterday’s game!
Domingo Santana: first MLB grand slam at the Tokyo Dome since Benny Agbayani in 2000.— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) March 20, 2019
- Corey Brock at The Athletic sees Domingo Santana as a great fit for Seattle. ($)
- Another one bites the dust.
Shawn Armstrong has a grade 1 oblique strain and will be out a few weeks— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) March 20, 2019
- Carl Edwards, Jr. threw at the Mariners’ Austin Nola on purpose for some reason.
Around the league...
- Hey, did you know Mike Trout is incredible?
The first 24 picks in the 2009 MLB Draft have combined for 121.6 WAR.— Sarah Langs (@SlangsOnSports) March 19, 2019
Mike Trout, the 25th pick, has 64.3 WAR -- more than half that total -- all on his own.
- Aaron Gleeman at Baseball Prospectus wonders what we can expect from Trout’s future.
- I hope this dude hits 40 bombs in Cincy this year because he’s such a fun player.
- Extension season continues as the Rays have agreed to a six-year pact with second baseman Brandon Lowe.
- And...another one.
Eloy Jimenez's $43M deal with the Chicago White Sox will smash the record for players with zero service time. It's the third such deal ever consummated. The first was Jon Singleton's $10M deal with Houston and the second Scott Kingery's $24M deal with Philadelphia last spring.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 20, 2019
- If you find yourself in the Bronx this summer, treat yourself.
Food at @Yankees games this year: They’re bringing back grand slam milkshakes, thick cut bacon, @BigMozzNYC Mozzarella Sticks (you won’t have better) + Tater Kegs (Fried potato on stick with cheese, bacon & scallions. pic.twitter.com/wS0ixrRFbD— Darren Rovell (@darrenrovell) March 20, 2019
- This seems...really strange. It also probably explains why Dallas Keuchel is still out there.
Gio Gonzalez said the #Yankees deal was the only offer he got.— Brendan Kuty (@BrendanKutyNJ) March 20, 2019
- I’ll definitely miss Jane on the beat. She has always provided excellent coverage of the A’s.
When I was 12, I wanted to be an A’s beat reporter. At 22, it happened.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) March 19, 2019
Now, after nine great years, I’m stepping away. These games in Tokyo will be my last with MLB dot com. Thank you all for following along this ride with me.
I’ll miss the people. And the Marriott points. pic.twitter.com/LoAeelu7e3
- Fangraphs has adjusted the way it evaluates pitch framing.
- Well, he/she seems to be enjoying it.