To this point in spring training, who has impressed or surprised you the most? While you think of your answer, read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Scott Servais is confident in Justin Dunn’s future as a starter.
#Mariners manager Scott Servais at first thought RHP Justin Dunn might be bullpen-bound. But after two strong spring outings, Servais has changed course.— 710 ESPN Seattle (@710ESPNSeattle) March 1, 2019
"He's definitely a starter, he has that kind of makeup."
More in @shannondrayer's notebook.https://t.co/C5kknjR3yj
- I want all of the merchandise.
- Two legends.
- Dee Gordon talked with Dave Sims and Mike Blowers.
- Through two appearances, Justus Sheffield’s new approach has been effective.
- Here is Jared Kelenic in action.
Around the League...
- This Driveline article takes a look at the value of prospects and player development.
- It has been a long time since Bryce Harper wasn’t a National.
Here's the Nationals lineup the last time Bryce Harper was not a part of their Major League club.— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) March 1, 2019
(Friday, April 27, 2012) pic.twitter.com/Zdc07aHIAX
Minter walks off the mound with the trainer. Righthander Jason Creasy coming in to pitch for the Braves https://t.co/Tc0W08UKwg— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) March 1, 2019
- Former Mariner alert.
Michael Pineda sat between 93-95 in his first outing. Called strike three on an off-speed pitch. Allowed one hit. Didn’t walk anyone.— Dan Hayes (@DanHayesMLB) March 1, 2019
- One of the many new Phillies hit a baseball a long ways yesterday.
JT Realmuto's first spring training HR is absolutely DEMOLISHED. pic.twitter.com/CuSjjBlSYd— Alex Fast (@AlexFast8) March 1, 2019
- Former Mariner Adam Warren signed a contract with San Diego.
Adam Warren deal with padres is worth $2.5M guaranteed— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) March 1, 2019
- Bad news for the Royals.
- Salvador Perez will likely need elbow surgery.
Breaking: Tommy John surgery has been recommended for Royals star catcher Salvador Perez. He is expected to have the surgery next week, and would be back for the 2020 season.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) March 2, 2019
- Renee Tirado is leading MLB’s movement towards more diversity.
- Videos emerged of a physical altercation between Giants CEO Larry Baer and his wife.
#EXCLUSIVE: San Francisco Giants CEO Larry Baer caught on video in SF park dragging his wife to ground as the pair fight; I've seen two videos, they are sad https://t.co/3quBKHeGtH @EvanSernoffsky @SFGiants— Matthias Gafni (@mgafni) March 1, 2019
- Bryce Harper is recruiting other athletes to Philadelphia.
- Here’s Bryce Harper in his new uniform.
- Bryce Harper will wear number 3.
Bryce Harper will wear No. 3 for the #Phillies, as @matt_breen first reported. Team has been talking about retiring Roy Halladay’s No. 34 or at least keeping it iced. Halladay will be inducted into the @baseballhall in July. Plenty of time for Harper to rebrand himself, right?— Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) March 2, 2019
- More Bryce Harper.
- This is something I didn’t know.
- Are foul balls the cause of pace of play problems?
There were almost 14,000 more foul balls last season than there were 20 seasons earlier. https://t.co/SlEtC0U5eW— FiveThirtyEight (@FiveThirtyEight) March 2, 2019
- I cannot even begin to comprehend this.