Good morning everyone! I hope you had a great weekend and are ready to take on the week with renewed energy. Here’s what you need to know as you get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- New Mariners first base coach Perry Hill is making quite the impression at spring training.
- The M’s continue to trim down the roster in preparation for next week.
Mariners roster moves:— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) March 10, 2019
Reassigned to Minor League camp: RH pitchers Ryan Garton, Tyler Danish and Robin Leyer, LH Matt Tenuta and OF Dom Thompson-WIlliams.
52 players remaining in Major League camp.
- The Mariners are giving Ryon Healy a look at third base while they wait to hear about the severity of Kyle Seager’s injury.
- Félix is pretty upset that he won’t be getting the ball on Opening Day.
Around the league...
- This seems...convenient.
BREAKING: Vladimir Guererro Jr. has been diagnosed with a left oblique strain. Sidelined 3 weeks.— Hazel Mae (@thehazelmae) March 10, 2019
- We’ll miss you, Z.
Zunino hits a home run of his own against Porcello! pic.twitter.com/MCqFZtXSby— DRaysBay (@draysbay) March 10, 2019
- Former Mariner alert (and another big-name free agent off the board).
Once finalized, Adam Jones’ deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks will be for one year and $3M guaranteed, sources tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 10, 2019
- Babe Ruth’s last living daughter passed away yesterday at the age of 102.
- Blake Snell received a very small raise from the Rays for winning the Cy Young award last year.
- The Jo Adell news is pretty bad for the Angels.
Jo Adell underwent imaging today on his right ankle and left hamstring. Results confirm grade 2+ right ankle sprain and grade 1+ left hamstring strain. A general timeline for return to play is 10-12 weeks.— Los Angeles Angels (@Angels) March 11, 2019