Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez are engaged. There’s a fun fact to start your Sunday morning. Here are some other happenings from around baseball.
In Mariners News...
- Starling Aguilar, who is eligible to sign in 2020, rocked some Mariners gear.
- Kyle Seager’s x-rays came back negative today, but his Japan Series status is still in question.
- Ryon Healy played third in Kyle Seager’s absence.
Scott Servais said Ryon Healy was already slated to play third base today, and that it wasn't a reactive move to Kyle Seager's hand injury.— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) March 9, 2019
Healy has played 108 games at 3B in the big leagues. He'll get more reps there moving forward.
Seager is seeing a hand specialist today.
- Stay up to date on how to watch the Japan Series with LL friends.
- Perry Hill is not only a great coach, but he’s also well loved.
Around the League...
- This is high quality content.
- Former Angel Martin Maldonado will join the Royals to help replace Salvador Perez.
Catcher Martin Maldonado finally finds home with #Royals on one-year, $2.5 million deal. He replaces injured Salvador Perez.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) March 9, 2019
- Most Dodgers fans can’t watch the Dodgers on their TVs because of their television deal.
- Bryce Harper is a real life Philly.
Holy crap, Bryce is actually on the Phillies pic.twitter.com/tEMFcUGTrU— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) March 9, 2019
- Now that’s what we call veteran leadership.
Nelson Cruz was asked today what he can bring to the clubhouse as a veteran player.— Betsy Helfand (@betsyhelfand) March 8, 2019
"Food!" he said.
- Angels prospect Jo Adell suffered a pair of injuries.
Jo Adell slipped going around 2nd base in 2nd inning, looked like he twisted his knee and was in a lot of pain. Walked off on his own but out of the game. Left stadium on a cart. #Angels— Bill Mitchell (@billazbbphotog) March 9, 2019
Jo Adell was removed with a left hamstring strain and a right ankle sprain— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) March 9, 2019
- Former Mariner Paul Fry is mean with the floss.
- Marcus Stroman flaunted a fancy delayed delivery.
- The Diamondback and Rockies started their Mexico Series.
- Rockies catcher Tony Wolters is teaching the youth some of his baseball skills.
- The Huskies lost last night, but it was awesome to honor the four seniors that helped get the program back on track.