Alex Rodriguez and Jennifer Lopez are engaged. There’s a fun fact to start your Sunday morning. Here are some other happenings from around baseball.
In Mariners News...
- Starling Aguilar, who is eligible to sign in 2020, rocked some Mariners gear.
The M’s gear looks good on Starling Aguilar. #July2020 pic.twitter.com/tl4dd8QcLx— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) March 10, 2019
- Kyle Seager’s x-rays came back negative today, but his Japan Series status is still in question.
- Ryon Healy played third in Kyle Seager’s absence.
Scott Servais said Ryon Healy was already slated to play third base today, and that it wasn't a reactive move to Kyle Seager's hand injury.— Corey Brock (@CoreyBrockMLB) March 9, 2019
Healy has played 108 games at 3B in the big leagues. He'll get more reps there moving forward.
Seager is seeing a hand specialist today.
- Stay up to date on how to watch the Japan Series with LL friends.
- Perry Hill is not only a great coach, but he’s also well loved.
Around the League...
- This is high quality content.
Welcome to the Hotel California @joewalsh pic.twitter.com/CXYZaLl0DZ— Jesus Aguilar (@JAguilarMKE) March 8, 2019
- Former Angel Martin Maldonado will join the Royals to help replace Salvador Perez.
Catcher Martin Maldonado finally finds home with #Royals on one-year, $2.5 million deal. He replaces injured Salvador Perez.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) March 9, 2019
- Most Dodgers fans can’t watch the Dodgers on their TVs because of their television deal.
- Bryce Harper is a real life Philly.
Holy crap, Bryce is actually on the Phillies pic.twitter.com/tEMFcUGTrU— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) March 9, 2019
- Now that’s what we call veteran leadership.
Nelson Cruz was asked today what he can bring to the clubhouse as a veteran player.— Betsy Helfand (@betsyhelfand) March 8, 2019
"Food!" he said.
- Angels prospect Jo Adell suffered a pair of injuries.
Jo Adell slipped going around 2nd base in 2nd inning, looked like he twisted his knee and was in a lot of pain. Walked off on his own but out of the game. Left stadium on a cart. #Angels— Bill Mitchell (@billazbbphotog) March 9, 2019
Jo Adell was removed with a left hamstring strain and a right ankle sprain— Rhett Bollinger (@RhettBollinger) March 9, 2019
- Former Mariner Paul Fry is mean with the floss.
Feelin flossy with Ian and @_fryguy09 pic.twitter.com/dT4bQeOWIy— Baltimore Orioles (@Orioles) March 9, 2019
- Marcus Stroman flaunted a fancy delayed delivery.
Marcus Stroman, Messing with Timing (rocker step delay/double leg lift). #BeATerribleDancePartner pic.twitter.com/ITtEuDKfbQ— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) March 10, 2019
- The Diamondback and Rockies started their Mexico Series.
#MéxicoSeries pic.twitter.com/FiH35QARjH— MLB (@MLB) March 10, 2019
- Rockies catcher Tony Wolters is teaching the youth some of his baseball skills.
#Rockies catcher Tony Wolters teaching the next generation of ballplayers in Monterrey, Mexico, today. pic.twitter.com/om5ahj11r5— Thomas Harding (@harding_at_mlb) March 9, 2019
- The Huskies lost last night, but it was awesome to honor the four seniors that helped get the program back on track.
#TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/2Es4m1uz1c— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) March 10, 2019