Governor Inslee declared a state of emergency in Washington because of the snowstorm.
Washington Gov. Jay Inslee declared a state of emergency as the Pacific Northwest braces for a pounding snowfall, whipping winds and frigid air https://t.co/luB3xwb2Ny— CNN (@CNN) February 9, 2019
I have a bet that it will snow less than 15 inches between yesterday and next Thursday. Do you think I will win that bet?
Here’s a picture of my dog, Zeppelin, playing in the snow.
With all that out of the way, let’s get onto the links!
In Mariners News...
- COME THROUGH FOR ME SNOW!
The more it snows, the more you save. ️— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 9, 2019
For every inch of the white fluffy stuff that comes down at @TMobilePark between today and Sunday at noon, you get $1 off tickets to a couple games this summer.
Details: https://t.co/KuZAqr4UXN pic.twitter.com/rAu2mLn4lt
- Some kid did an awesome Edgar Martinez tribute.
❄️❄️❄️ Snow Show ❄️❄️❄️ pic.twitter.com/KWL4bduPXy— T-Mobile Park (@TMobilePark) February 9, 2019
- You are never too old to play in the snow.
#FridayFeeling ️ pic.twitter.com/JUl093T2uG— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 9, 2019
- The Mariners posted this video of Justus Sheffield.
The top-rated prospect the Mariners organization, @Topsheff42 heads into 2019 on the cusp of big things. pic.twitter.com/VbnEXiIILo— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 8, 2019
Around the League...
- Former Mariner Chris Heston is got a shoutout for a recent uptick in velocity.
Some interesting pitchers still available. One is Heston, who was good for the Giants in 2015 and can benefit from velo uptick.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 8, 2019
Another, who was very good in 2018: reliever Alex Wilson, who's generating interest from a number of teams after putting up a 3.36 ERA for the Tigers. https://t.co/Be6AnXbs3r
- The Marlins were asking for quite a bit before they agreed to trade JT Realmuto to the Phillies.
Most others in on Realmuto were willing to surrender 1 big piece but not a 2nd big piece. Marlins sought 2 of May, Lux, Ruiz and Smith from LA (after it was clear Bellinger was going nowhere) and 2 of Riley, Pache and a big pitching prospect (ie Wright, Wilson, Anderson) from ATL— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 8, 2019
- Baseball Prospectus added a new writer who previously covered the Diamondbacks.
My free agency is over. I am joining the team at Baseball Prospectus (@baseballpro) starting next Monday! I'm excited about the opportunity to work with some tremendous people and write about baseball at-large again. Disclaimer: my first post is #Dbacks-heavy.— Jeff Wiser (@OutfieldGrass24) February 8, 2019
- Hopefully this warms up your snowy weekend.
Here's a video of Prince Fielder washing a baby pig in the shower to get your weekend off on a good note— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) February 8, 2019
(via Prince on IG) pic.twitter.com/ZLmN46VGWT
- The Angels added Daniel Hudson.
Free agent reliever Daniel Hudson is in agreement with the Los Angeles Angels on a minor league deal, league sources tell ESPN. If he makes the team, Hudson will earn $1.5 million with another $1.5 million possible in performance bonuses.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 8, 2019
- Age will not slow down Rafael Palmeiro.
This is easily the most bonkers statline from 2018. pic.twitter.com/6w7dmOsx5D— Kazuto Yamazaki (@Kazuto_Yamazaki) February 8, 2019
- Bad news for the Indians.
Francisco Lindor could miss all of spring training with a right calf strain. Indians expect him to "return to major-league game activity" in 7 to 9 weeks.— Zack Meisel (@ZackMeisel) February 8, 2019
- Find out which two matchups are being considered for MLB’s 2020 London series.
- The Yankees supposedly were prepared to draft Josh Stowers if the Mariners hadn’t. They eventually got him in the Shed Long deal.
The Yankees scouted college outfielder Josh Stowers at Louisville and were prepared to draft him in the second round last year—if the Mariners hadn't drafted him first.— Baseball America (@BaseballAmerica) February 8, 2019
Now they got their guy. https://t.co/Pmk4rVbjp9
- Danny Espinosa, who hit 24 homers in 2016, signed a minor league deal with the Mets.
.@Mets sign INF Danny Espinosa to @MiLB deal with invite to @MLB #SpringTraining.— MLBRosterMoves (@MLBRosterMoves) February 8, 2019
- On June 21st, the Portland Sea Dogs will temporarily change their team name.
- Could Bryce Harper find a new home soon?
Bryce Harper and the Giants have "mutual interest" after a lengthy meeting according to Farhan Zaidi (@PavlovicNBCS) https://t.co/XxybJxy5k6 pic.twitter.com/hkgwgKgFxp— SF Giants on NBCS (@NBCSGiants) February 8, 2019
- Former Mariner Mark Rzepcynski signed a minor league deal.
#Dbacks have agreed to terms on Minor League contracts with invitations to #DbacksSpring camp with right-handed pitcher Ricky Nolasco and left-handed pitcher Marc Rzepczynski.— Arizona Diamondbacks (@Dbacks) February 8, 2019
- This article gives a scouting report of Vlad Guerrero Jr.
- Rob Manfred said no DH or draft changes are likely this season.
- For a second straight season, Trevor Bauer and the Indians are scheduled for an arbitration hearing.
- Matisse Thybulle had five blocks and five steals Thursday night against Arizona! The Dawgs will look to improve to 11-0 in conference play tonight against the Sun Devils.
Matisse Thybulle was unreal on the defensive end - racking up 5 blocks and 5 steals!— NCAA March Madness (@marchmadness) February 8, 2019
The reigning Pac-12 Defensive Player of the Year spoke with @TheAndyKatz after @UW_MBB’s huge road W at Arizona! pic.twitter.com/JkDkAvrlin