Good morning everybody! Happy Monday! Now that the Super Bowl is over, it’s time for baseball to take center stage. Here are some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- It appears that Jarred Kelenic has found a new hobby.
- Congratulations to J.P. and his fiancé!
Around the league...
- It seems like a lot of pro football players are descended from pro baseball players.
To piggyback on @VTLakeMonsters Jerry Goff post: found 3 photos in @bfp_sports archives of Goff in action w/Vermont Mariners. All photos of him playing from behind...just like Patriots fans would like his son to be doing all game. #SuperBowl pic.twitter.com/tsZevHlc6R— Vermont Sports History, Stats & Information (@VTSHIC) February 3, 2019
- Here’s the baseball news we all craved.
Super Bowl stinks, but Chris Devenski settled his arbitration case with #Astros at $1.525M. Deal also includes club option at $2.625M for 2020. Base in ‘20 can increase to $2.725M if 50G in ‘19, $2.825M if 60, $2.925M if 68. Had asked for $1.65M. Team had offered $1.4M.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 4, 2019
- Pinstripe Alley wonders what Jonathan Loásiga’s future with the Yankees is.
- The Cubs have agreed to a deal with former Mariner Christian Bergman.
- The Rockies are in discussions with Nolan Arenado about a potential contract extension.
- The ESPN baseball staff talked about the things they are most looking forward to with spring training now just a week out.
- I love this.
For the past month, every time I've walked past a gas station with my girlfriend, I've turned the price of gas into a spot for a fictional Ontario FM radio station pic.twitter.com/9BvCKEQiu4— ℳatt (@matttomic) February 2, 2019