Yesterday Punxsutawney Phil predicted that we will have an early spring.
Phil, the famous weather-predicting groundhog, did not see his shadow yesterday, meaning an early spring is upon us.https://t.co/7vfgMH5fGt— NPR (@NPR) February 3, 2019
Are you excited about this? Rank your favorite seasons. Also, read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Congrats to JP Crawford on his engagement.
Oh hey fiancé ❤️ pic.twitter.com/dtQFQxmovI— jp crawford (@jp_crawford) February 2, 2019
- Bleacher Report joins us Mariners fans in hoping Dan Vogelbach is a force for Seattle next year.
Dear Baseball God in Heaven,— Bleacher Nation (@BleacherNation) February 3, 2019
Please let Dan Vogelbach become a superstar. I pray. I pray.
- All of Us pic.twitter.com/Try2hVfnYb
- Pitchers and catchers report in eight days.
An early spring sounds good to us. Pitchers and catchers report one week from Monday.#GroundhogDay pic.twitter.com/KC4fcf3jhk— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 2, 2019
- The Mariners are offering coaching clinics for youth baseball coaches in the Pacific Northwest.
- Braden Bishop’s brother, Hunter, is very talented and is draft eligible this year.
Hunter Bishop, younger brother of Mariners prospect Braden Bishop, going oppo in ASU’s scrimmage today. Big power, runs like a deer, eligible for the draft this year. pic.twitter.com/vm5fcMgk90— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) February 3, 2019
Around the League...
- Blake Treinen won his arbitration case against the Athletics.
Oakland A’s closer Blake Treinen has won his arbitration case. He’ll make $6.4 million, a $4.25 million raise, which is a record for a second-time arb-eligible reliever.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 2, 2019
Players and clubs now tied 1-1, with Carlos Correa’s case result not public to avoid it influencing another. https://t.co/bBwJB9uZBz
- Matthew Beller of SI has high expectations for James Paxton in his first year with the Yankees.
- Roger Clemens still has it?
A look at @rogerclemens at the @TexasBaseball Alumni game. Sat 84-85 and still spun the curveball well in upper 70s and the splitter was diving. A possible @FlatgroundApp comeback? pic.twitter.com/T8OIPJx8CR— Maximized Baseball (@maximized_BSB) February 2, 2019
- How about a behind the back catch?
TIRED: Bartolo Colon rules because he's a round guy who can still pitch— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) February 2, 2019
WIRED: check out Hideo Nomo now pic.twitter.com/kPce1He4KX
- Although Nolan Arenado just signed a one-year deal, the Rockies’ owner is optimistic that they will be able to reach a multi-year agreement in the near future.
- Join the Mobile BayBears community in keeping Wade in our best wishes.
Fans.. Lifetime BayBears staff member and our batboy, Wade Vadakin, has been admitted into the ICU.— Mobile BayBears (@Mobile_BayBears) February 3, 2019
If you would, send your love to Wade and say a quick prayer for a speedy recovery.
Wade, we love you and we are with you during this hurdle you are facing. #WadeStrong pic.twitter.com/Zrfa6CjJjg
- A history of Yankee Stadium’s short porch.
- NC State was held to 24 points in a 40 minute game.
North Carolina State scored fewer points today (24) against Virginia Tech than James Harden has scored in any game since December 6 (a 27-game stretch).— Kevin Pelton (@kpelton) February 2, 2019
- Usain Bolt tied the NFL Combine 40-yard dash record held by John Ross.
Usain Bolt just tied the NFL combine record for the 40-yard dash at 4.22 seconds— Sports Illustrated (@SInow) February 2, 2019
(via @simoncrosse) pic.twitter.com/eo8D7NVK2o
- I love Sam Timmins so much.
"We love Sam Timmins. We love New Zealand." - Bill Walton#TougherTogether— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) February 3, 2019
>> ESPN2 pic.twitter.com/FTyZZ8fUSh
We have to talk about this...— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) February 3, 2019
Which was better, the dunk or the reaction? #TougherTogether