Hello everyone and happy Wednesday! We’ve got a fresh batch of links for ya this morning, check it out.
In Mariners news...
- Julio Rodríguez seems like a great guy.
Julio Rodriguez at today's ST game update: he has found two random fans to sit with and talk to (a dad and son maybe?) and is extolling the virtues of Bobby Honeyman to them— Lookout Landing (@LookoutLanding) February 26, 2019
- So it’s official now.
The first new external signage is up at @TMobilePark! @Mariners #Mariners#PrettyInPink pic.twitter.com/crKLd29dY9— Matt Pitman (@mattpitman) February 26, 2019
Around the league...
- Major League Baseball has found a neat way to experiment with potential rule changes.
Major League Baseball announces it's partnering with the independent Atlantic League that will allow MLB to "test experimental playing rules and equipment" during the season. Full release: pic.twitter.com/BxG6dgm1y7— Sam Dykstra (@SamDykstraMiLB) February 26, 2019
- Can you imagine?
This is a BRUTAL way to lose a ballgame.pic.twitter.com/H53IkXJy0R— Cut4 (@Cut4) February 26, 2019
- Grant Brisbee at The Athletic takes a look at how Bryce Harper signing with the Dodgers would impact the Giants. ($)
- Extension season continues as the Cardinals have agreed to a four-year pact with starter Miles Mikolas.
- But that wasn’t the biggest extension yesterday...
BREAKING: Third baseman Nolan Arenado and the Colorado Rockies are finalizing an eight-year, contract extension worth more than $255M, league sources tell ESPN. Deal includes an opt-out after three years, would give Arenado the largest per-year salary of any position player.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 26, 2019
- Michael Baumann at The Ringer dives into the Reds’ strange rebuild.
- Alright, video game nerds. Get ready.
OOTP 20 Pre-Orders Are Open— Out of the Park Baseball (@ootpbaseball) February 26, 2019
Pre-order today to save 10% and get access to the beta on March 18, ahead of the launch on March 22nd.https://t.co/luR4sT7DKW pic.twitter.com/fRZF9shgN7
- Weird things are going on in Minnesota. Although I suppose this is fairly normal in the everyday workplace.
Nelson Cruz (38) is older than his boss, Rocco Baldelli (37), who is older than his boss, Derek Falvey (35)— Betsy Helfand (@betsyhelfand) February 26, 2019
- Neil Paine at FiveThirtyEight wonders if the Indians should consider tanking a little bit since they’re so far ahead in the division.
- There seem to be a lot of weird stories like this.
#Pirates LHP Francisco Liriano noticed something a bit unusual about his FA contract offers this past offseason: “They all came the same week, seven on them on the same day, and they were all were minor league deals, pretty much the same money."https://t.co/ux9Q11sZhj— Rob Biertempfel (@RobBiertempfel) February 26, 2019
- Maybe driving the bullpen cart is tougher than we thought.
Good morning from Nationals bullpen cart driver tryouts. Job applicants must drive the cart in a Curly W around the concourse *without hitting Teddy Roosevelt.* Here's a team employee showing the way: pic.twitter.com/TvGawQJPnw— Emma Baccellieri (@emmabaccellieri) February 26, 2019