Good morning everybody! I hope your Monday treated you well and that Tuesday will provide even more good feelings for you. It’s certainly been a good week for the Mariners.
Mariners have a professional karaoke set up in the clubhouse for some fun in their morning meeting. Apparently @MannyActa14 is good at singing country music. It leads to a favorite bar discussion ... if your paycheck depended on it, what song would you feel confident singing?— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 25, 2019
Alright, indulge me here folks. It might be cheating for me, but mine would have to be What You Know by Two Door Cinema Club since that was my senior solo with my college a cappella group.
While you ponder that, here are some more links for you.
In Mariners news...
- I’m just going to stick all of the great highlights from yesterday’s game here.
Early Front Runner for Most Overmatched AB of Spring Training— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) February 26, 2019
Dan Altavilla, 3 pitch K of Jordan Patterson (2 Kneels & a Nutmeg).
H/T @ericjagers pic.twitter.com/9USyE4EHaH
Yusei Kikuchi out here making great hitters look silly. pic.twitter.com/LYdkGPlyqv— MLB (@MLB) February 25, 2019
Domingo making a statement. ☄️#MarinersST pic.twitter.com/4ZydQUtpAt— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 25, 2019
.@KLew_5 with a 2-run bomb #MarinersST pic.twitter.com/gmqOM9eDxp— ROOT SPORTS™ | NW (@ROOTSPORTS_NW) February 25, 2019
- Joey Votto gave his take on Yusei Kikuchi following that strikeout.
Joey Votto on Kikuchi: 'Very good curveball. It's very surprising. In the league right now, there are not many pitchers that throw a curveball like. Ryu for the Dodgers, Clayton Kershaw from the Dodgers, maybe a couple of others that throw a very traditional curveball like that.'— C. Trent Rosecrans (@ctrent) February 25, 2019
- If you’re new to Domingo Santana, here’s what you need to know about the outfielder.
As we saw today, Domingo Santana is some kind of strong.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 26, 2019
Get to know the righty slugger. pic.twitter.com/w8WgxRN7Pi
- Mariners prospect Rob Whalen has decided to hang ‘em up.
THANK YOU! @Mets @Braves @Mariners pic.twitter.com/Wdg0LkN6GV— Rob Whalen (@RobWhalen38) February 26, 2019
- Here’s a goofy video brought to you by the manager of the Arkansas Travelers.
Being a catcher is a 24/7 lifestyle. #gomariners #lovethisfamily #havefun pic.twitter.com/ab9u6j5wEl— Mitchell Canham (@MitchellCanham) February 26, 2019
- Corey Brock at The Athletic breaks down all the finer points of Mariners spring training. ($)
- Hunter Strickland is hoping to put his past problems behind him as he joins the Seattle bullpen.
Around the league...
- It’s at the lower divisions of college baseball where things get nuts.
alright, time to check some box scores from the weeken—— The Podcast About D3 Baseball (@D3BaseballPod) February 25, 2019
OH HELL YEAH D3 BASEBALL IS BACK pic.twitter.com/GN4hJ2b4fK
- Even the Padres were surprised by Manny Machado’s decision to go to San Diego.
- Nate Silver offers his own idea to cut down on the number of relievers used in games: limit the number of pitchers allowed on rosters.
- The Dodgers are making a late push for Bryce Harper, offering a competitive short-term deal to give him the chance to re-enter the market later.
- Well, this would certainly be interesting.
EXCLUSIVE: The city confirmed in a statement Monday evening that it approached the Angels about bringing the team to Long Beach. #AngelsinLB #LBPost #LongBeachPost https://t.co/Z9FwN24LJd— Long Beach Post (@LongBeachPost) February 26, 2019
- The Yankees agreed to a long-term deal with outfielder Aaron Hicks, keeping him in pinstripes throughout the duration of his prime.
- Speaking of the Bombers, I think we all knew this would happen eventually. But it’s notable he didn’t join his friends Derek Jeter and Jorge Posada in Miami instead.
Today, the New York Yankees would like to welcome aboard Special Advisor to the General Manager, Andrew Eugene Pettitte. pic.twitter.com/yLzsoahiY0— New York Yankees (@Yankees) February 25, 2019
- I’ll be interested to see if the M’s do one of their own.
As part of the sponsorship deal, the A’s will have a special patch for the Japan Series. Mariners likely to have sponsor patch of their own not yet announced. pic.twitter.com/ng33eyenO2— Maury Brown (@BizballMaury) February 25, 2019
- Yasiel Puig follows through on his promises!
Lolol Puig actually sent us some coffee. What a wonderful world. Thanks for the package Yasiel!!!!!!! pic.twitter.com/FmwqshdcDh— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) February 25, 2019
- Wrong hashtag, Bob. But great news for Rockies fans!
Colorado #Roxkies manager Bud Black gets 3-year contract extension through 2022— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 25, 2019
- Zack Meisel at The Athletic tells the incredible comeback story of Leonys Martín. ($)
- Major League Baseball attempted to ban gambling on spring training games, but the request was declined.
- They’re ranked! And yes, Gonzaga is now ranked #1 in the nation (and deservedly so).
#TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/c4iooMjeZT— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) February 25, 2019
- Did you know?
Before Mahershala Ali started winning Oscars, he was a 6-foot-3 guard for @saintmaryshoops.— The Undefeated (@TheUndefeated) February 26, 2019
Baller or nah: https://t.co/E702Rev3Ct
Ali played four years at SMC and averaged 7.0 pts and 1.8 reb. as a senior. (via @WCCsports)
Mahershala Ali: Baller or Nah?: pic.twitter.com/Hn3N5FfTC6