Hey everyone! It’s our first full week of Cactus League action. Hopefully we actually get those full games in without Mother Nature’s interference. Today’s a pretty light day for the links, but here are some stories to start off your day.
In Mariners news...
- Mariners prospect Eric Filia is having a fun time in spring training, and Greg Johns talked to him about his experience.
- Jerry Dipoto sees the Mariners coming out of their rebuild in the near future.
Around the league...
- Some incredible stuff going on in college softball.
- Check out this neat story.
The Negro Leagues Baseball Museum is commemorating 100 years since the founding of the Negro Leagues. We spoke with @nlbmprez Bob Kendrick about the logo, the commemoration, and the history of the Negro Leagues: https://t.co/WU0zG4lb4v pic.twitter.com/CcXm1iZHjq— Chris Creamer (@sportslogosnet) February 24, 2019
- It’s extension season, but the Cubs have not gotten into conversations with Javy Báez or Kyle Hendricks yet.
- Clayton Kershaw is taking his foot off the gas for now as he deals with shoulder inflammation.
- Former Mariners reliever Danny Farquhar took the next step in his lengthy recovery by throwing in a simulated game. We’re all rooting for him!
- J.D. Maritinez calls the slow free agent market an “embarrassment.”
- Is good MadBum coming back?
Madison Bumgarner is throwing 93 mph. Good sign.— Andrew Baggarly (@extrabaggs) February 24, 2019
- Baseball America’s Kyle Glaser wonders what each roster in baseball would look like if they had only home-grown players.
- Just when we thought things were getting clear with Harper...