Good morning everybody and happy Thursday! Here are the links you need to get your day started...
In Mariners news...
- One of the Mariners top prospects is impressing in camp.
Julio Rodriguez just threw out Tim Beckham trying to go first to third by about three steps. Rodriguez gave the Mutombo finger wag.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 20, 2019
- But Julio wasn’t the only one.
Jarred Kelenic cuts down a runner from center in the baserunning drill. He and Rodriguez showing off their throwing arms in this drill.— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) February 20, 2019
- Kyle Lewis had an injury scare yesterday, but it appears everything is alright.
Kyle Lewis is back. Says he’s fine, just jammed his finger.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 20, 2019
- Get the tissues ready and check out this heart-breaking story from Bleacher Report’s Scott Miller on how Dee Gordon coped with the passing of his mother, who was a victim of domestic abuse.
- I suppose spring is for ironing out the kinks.
Felix hits Ichiro in live BP pic.twitter.com/xkKrjaZROf— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) February 20, 2019
Around the league...
- Jeff Sullivan is skeptical that Bryce Harper has an offer on the table comparable to the deal Manny Machado’s got with the Padres.
- I guess this means it’s time for Jon and Jeff to fight to the death.
Bryce Harper is believed to have turned down multiple offers over 300M in recent weeks. at least 5 teams are believed still in contact, tho Philly, SF and perhaps Wash appear to have more chance than SD (just gave 300M to Manny) and CWS (seemed more focused on MM)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) February 20, 2019
- Michael Clair at Cut4 takes a stab at renaming each MLB team.
- A nice pillow deal for Josh Harrison on a rebuilding team.
Free-agent infielder Josh Harrison in agreement with the #Tigers on a one-year contract, pending physical, source tells The Athletic. Expected to their everyday second baseman.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 20, 2019
- Yasiel Puig is already making his mark in Reds camp by mentoring some of the young players.
- New York Times has a cool feature on the history of big contracts in baseball and how Manny Machado and Bryce Harper will ultimately pan out.
- Despite the recent issues for players who enter the free agency pool, Noah Syndergaard is not afraid to get out into the free market.