Yesterday while I was driving I was wondering what my walk-up song would be if I played in the bigs. What would your song be? Tell us in the comments after you read these links.
In Mariners News...
- Max Povse was outrighted to Tacoma.
- Although Jerry Dipoto has only made one three-team trade, he has been a part of 15% of two-team trades league wide since becoming the Mariners’ general manager ($).
- Braden Bishop is launching the second annual #Hits2EndALZ.
It’s back!! 2nd Annual #Hits2EndALZ and #Ks2EndALZ— Braden Bishop (@bradenbishop7) February 1, 2019
I will personally donate money to fight Alzheimer’s for every hit I get during Spring Training 2K19.
Who’s with me?!
Tag #Hits2EndALZ or #Ks2EndALZ
- The AquaSox are having their second annual Pride Night on August 22nd.
Join us for a night of inclusion on Thursday, August 22 for our 2nd Annual Pride Night! Purchase your Pride Night package for $30 and receive an AquaSox Pride T-Shirt.— Everett AquaSox (@EverettAquaSox) February 1, 2019
️ | https://t.co/dJCBSYThEN pic.twitter.com/k9dU4sC04h
- The Spokane Chiefs are having Mariners Night on February 9th.
⚾️ | Calling all @Mariners fans! Saturday, February 9 when the Chiefs take on the Kootenay ICE is Mariners Night!— Spokane Chiefs (@spokanechiefs) February 2, 2019
Take in the action with other M's fans for just $15 as you bide your time until pitchers and catchers report!
Visit https://t.co/DXmEVHvAku for tickets! #GoChiefsGo pic.twitter.com/Ntvx9PhSQP
- Tacoma News Tribune’s TJ Cotterill will no longer be covering the Mariners beat.
Sad to say that after 8 years today is my last day at The News Tribune. Excited to be transitioning into teaching (with hopefully some freelancing mixed in — and a lot less Twitter). So thankful for all the people I’ve met through journalism, including my really cool wife.— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) February 2, 2019
Around the League...
- The AP is blaming the Rays for MLB’s proposal to turn the 10 Day DL back into the 15 Day DL. Ken Rosenthal argues that doesn’t make much sense.
- Former Mariner Jesus Sucre signed with the Orioles.
The Baltimore #Orioles sign veteran catcher Jesus Sucre, who spent last 2 years with the #Rays, to minor-league deal worth $850,000 if he reaches big leagues along with big-league spring-training invite. He has March 22 opt-out if not on 40-man roster.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 1, 2019
- Here’s how you can watch 2019’s Series del Caribe.
- Here are all 30 team’s best prospects that didn’t make the top 100. Can you guess who represents the Mariners?
- I hear you, Alex.
Cora on players showing emotion: "I want my players to flip their bats, man."— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) February 1, 2019
- Former Mariner Zach Duke signed with the Reds.
- Former Mariner John Andreoli is headed to San Fransisco.
- The Rangers might have a two-way player next year.
Infielder Matt Davidson is in agreement on a minor league deal with the Texas Rangers, league sources tell ESPN. Davidson will be used as an infield and could pitch as well, giving the Rangers their own two-way possibility.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 1, 2019
- This 37-year-old can throw 99 MPH and he has a great first name.
- Gabe Kapler apparently failed to report an assault incident involving a Dodgers’ player when he was with the Dodgers.
- The Huskies will look to improve to 9-0 in conference play tomorrow.