Hello everybody and a happy Tuesday morning to you all! We’ve got the links you need to get your day going.
In Mariners news...
- If you’re craving some slo-mo batting practice clips, I’ve got you covered.
It’s good to be back.— Colin O'Keefe (@colinokeefe) February 19, 2019
Go M’s. pic.twitter.com/P8ZcyrQwKs
- If you were wondering what the former Mariner catcher has been up to since retirement...
Sooo this is happening @MTV, @MTVNEWS and I will be filming and working together in New York City during National Eating Disorder Awareness Week at the end of February!— Michael Marjama (@MMarjama) February 17, 2019
Thank you MTV for the opportunity to pursue my mission of positively impacting as many lives as possible! pic.twitter.com/oxbr8iNY4b
- Jack Magruder checked in with new M’s catcher Omar Narváez to see where he is in his spring training process.
- Speaking of Narváez, Corey Brock at The Athletic took a look at how the Mariners are using data to improve the development of their new backstop. ($)
- These guys appear to be having fun in Peoria!
Just a little photo day fun with Justus Sheffield, Hunter Strickland, Mallex Smith, Yusei Kikuchi and JP Crawford. #Mariners pic.twitter.com/29l2Tvzzd4— Kelly Munro (@kmunro1) February 18, 2019
- We’ve got another “Ichiro meets star player” video for you.
Here's Ichiro meeting Mark McGwire during the 2001 season. Ichiro told McGwire that he saw him on TV many times and couldn't believe he played in the same field as him. He looks giddy as heck after meeting the Big Mac. pic.twitter.com/0aLHBWEEhU— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) February 19, 2019
- Ryan Divish spoke with Dee Gordon, who is hoping for a bounce-back season in 2019.
Around the league...
- Sean Doolittle is leading the charge for labor rights now, I guess.
MLB has an exclusive deal with New Era to make our on-field hats in the US. But now New Era is planning to close its factory in NY next month and eliminate 200 union jobs in favor of non-union (cheaper) labor. #NewEraHatsOff pic.twitter.com/V0G4vCLaud— Sean Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) February 18, 2019
- Everybody needs a little motivation.
On lower left corner of Cubs workout schedule: pic.twitter.com/oOJfhKyo0q— Mark Gonzales (@MDGonzales) February 18, 2019
- Speaking of the Cubs...
Cubs owner Tom Ricketts on why the Cubs didn't spend more money this offseason on the free-agent market: "Pretty easy. We don’t have any more.''— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) February 18, 2019
- Is it me, or has it been a while since a manager outright retired on good terms with his club?
“I will be retiring after the season.” —@BruceBochy #SFGiants pic.twitter.com/MeuqlZdSSl— San Francisco Giants (@SFGiants) February 18, 2019
- Is it too early to get excited for the draft?
Keyshawn Askew, 1st College Start (5 no hit innings). @ClemsonBaseball pic.twitter.com/V7ftrV2VmP— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) February 18, 2019
- Mike Moustakas, who just signed a new deal with the Brewers, will move over to second base this season.
- Sheryl Ring at Fangraphs wonders if players could collude with one another to try to get more money from teams.
- The Angels are starting dialogue with Mike Trout to keep the superstar outfielder in Los Angeles.
- Vlad Guerrero, Jr. was directed by his dad to seek advice from...Kendrys Morales.
- One of the WNBA’s top players got to meet up with her idol, a current NBA star. Gotta love this.
When she was drafted No. 1 in the WNBA Draft, @_ajawilson22 got a surprise video message from her favorite player, Blake Griffin.— SB Nation (@SBNation) February 18, 2019
10 months later at the NBA All-Star Game, they meet
@WNBA | #NBAAllStar pic.twitter.com/cxzeyt0DoG