Good morning everybody and happy Friday! Here are some links for you as you round out your week.
In Mariners news...
- I missed this yesterday...happy belated birthday Dave!
Giddy up!— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) February 14, 2019
Happy Birthday to the one and only @TheDaveSimsShow. pic.twitter.com/RIUNP6Qdi9
- Yusei Kikuchi is looking good!
February 14, 2019
- Ryan Divish checked in on what Dan Altavilla has been up to this offseason.
Around the league...
- Another player comes out against the opener.
Gerrit Cole is not in favor of openers.— Chandler Rome (@Chandler_Rome) February 14, 2019
“I’m not going to pay for a ticket to watch a math equation,” he said.
- This is kind of interesting, and much different than I thought it would look.
Number of drafted players in the first ten rounds to make #MLB since 2014. (Revised: noticed a few missing players because of a bug) pic.twitter.com/qfpNLUOmeI— Daren Willman (@darenw) February 14, 2019
- The Twins have agreed to a long-term contract extension with shortstop Jorge Polanco.
- The team also agreed to a long-term deal with Max Kepler.
- This should come as no surprise, but the Blue Jays do not plan to open the season with Vlad Guerrero, Jr. on their major league roster.
- I guess we’ll take some news over no news: The Padres met with Manny Machado last week.
- I know some people get mad when I post UW men’s basketball links here but it’s MY PICK so I’m gonna do it. Here’s a former Husky doing what he does best.
OH MY... TERRENCE ROSS! ✈️#PureMagic pic.twitter.com/J1tY4JHMPK— NBA (@NBA) February 15, 2019
- These are super cool, even if they’re just basically modernized cross-stitching.
720 Rubik's cubes. 1— SB Nation (@SBNation) February 14, 2019
( jvenb / Instagram) pic.twitter.com/34E7QXcJOH