Hey everyone! While I’m not presently in the Seattle area, I understand that the Pacific Northwest is currently being pummeled by snow. If you’re so lucky as to be taking a snow day today from work or school, comment below with what your favorite thing to do on a day like today is.
When I was in college on Long Island, my friends and I would walk two blocks to Popeyes whenever there was a blizzard. It became a sort of tradition. Now, I’d probably just stay in bed and watch Netflix.
Anyway, here are some links for you!
In Mariners news...
- We haven’t heard anything about Edwin Encarnación in a while. It appears as though the Mariners are still trying to trade him.
- I can’t get over how young Ichiro looks. This is wild.
Here's a video from 2001 when Ichiro and Pedro Martinez met a day after facing each other. Pedro asked Ichiro how he's doing and he responds "la misma mierda" (the same shit). Ichiro also told Pedro that he's happy to face the best pitcher in the MLB and got a baseball signed. pic.twitter.com/XSqAJ4DNkw— Sung Min Kim (@sung_minkim) February 10, 2019
- TJ Cotterill, now at Baseball America, talks about where Kyle Lewis stands in his development.
Around the league...
Khris Davis has hit .247 four years in a row.— MLB Stats (@MLBStats) February 10, 2019
His 2019 projected average … pic.twitter.com/zgLVKCJFa7
- Twinkie Town says that it’s about time that MLB changed the “disabled list” to the “injured list.”
- Jeff Samardzija’s got jokes.
Jeff Samardzija on moving the fences in: “I like weird ballparks ... I think the should change it back and forth during the season. Move the fences in, move them out ... it’s not going to tear up the field worse than Jason Aldean playing some terrible concert.”— Grant Brisbee (@GrantBrisbee) February 9, 2019
- The A’s might be without their stud at the hot corner when the season begins.
Matt Chapman is slightly behind schedule following his two offseason procedures (thumb/shoulder). He’s on a swinging progression and likely won’t be in game action immediately, but his goal is to be ready for Opening Day in Tokyo.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) February 10, 2019