Good morning folks! Woo boy, did we have a lot of roster movement on the day of the non-tender deadline. Let’s get to it.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic takes his first overarching look at the Mariners roster for 2020. ($)
Around the league...
- The major move yesterday had the Reds agreeing to a four-year deal with infielder Mike Moustakas.
- The non-tender list was enormous yesterday and included some eyebrow-raising names. Rather than doling them out individually, here’s a handy list for you.
- Teams continue to create 40-man roster space.
Red Sox today traded catcher Sandy León to the Cleveland Indians in exchange for minor league RHP Adenys Bautista.— Chris Cotillo (@ChrisCotillo) December 2, 2019
- A couple of ex-Mariners among the bunch.
- And another one who’s going to Japan.
RHP Thyago Vieira has agreed to terms with the Yomiuri Giants, per a source. Vieira appeared in 22 games with the White Sox in 2018-19.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 2, 2019
Nelson Cruz of the Twins has been voted the winner of the 2019 Edgar Martinez Outstanding Designated Hitter Award. Jorge Soler of the Royals finished second in the voting.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 2, 2019
- The Marlins are filling out their roster.
- Righty reliever Koda Glover has announced his retirement.
- This was certainly surprising news yesterday.