Good morning folks! With the holidays underway, business will likely be pretty quiet across the baseball universe. Until then, we’ve got a handful of things to catch you up on.
In Mariners news...
- Greg Johns talked to the Mariners’ diehard fan from the UK about his ties to the team.
- The Mariners are hiring!
If you like baseball, social media, and know the correct way to pronounce "GIF", this might be the job for you.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) December 23, 2019
The Mariners are hiring a Social Media Manager. Details here: https://t.co/I657WJ6k0L pic.twitter.com/wdxD5FVkgX
Around the league...
- The Marlins have found their new catcher.
Source: Francisco Cervelli has agreed to a one-year, $2M deal with the Marlins, pending physical.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) December 23, 2019
- Meanwhile, the Indians shore up their infield.
Second baseman Cesar Hernandez and the Cleveland Indians are in agreement on a one-year, $6.25 million contract, sources familiar with the agreement tell ESPN.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) December 23, 2019
The Yankees have acquired minor league infielder Cristian Perez from the Royals in exchange for RHP Chance Adams. Adams was DFA'd by the Yankees last week.— Kyle Glaser (@KyleAGlaser) December 23, 2019
- It looks like other teams are following in the Mariners’ example.
Source: the Chicago #WhiteSox have opened contract extension talks with outfielder Luis Robert. No details on willingness or expectation but the deal would likely be in the 8 year $80-$90 million range.— James Fox (@JamesFox917) December 23, 2019
- Rich Hill and his wife were arrested trying to enter the Patriots game with an oversized bag.
- Tony Wolfe at Fangraphs talked about what Dallas Keuchel’s signing with the White Sox means for the organization.
- That’s uhh...really bad.