Good morning folks! We’ve got links for you today...
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic previewed the offseason for the Mariners. ($)
- Meanwhile, Greg Johns predicts who will be on the M’s Opening Day roster in 2020.
Around the league...
- I would love to see Eddie bounce back in 2020.
"Just because I've had one bad season, doesn't mean I'm a bad pitcher."— Anthony DiComo (@AnthonyDiComo) November 6, 2019
An exit interview with Edwin Diaz:https://t.co/h2K7dpK5mD
- The days of the Yankees “buying” championships might be over, notes Craig Edwards at Fangraphs.
- It looks like the White Sox are just about ready to make the push.
I’m hearing the #WhiteSox are strongly pursuing Nick Castellanos in free agency. They saw plenty of him over six years inside the AL Central and have always been a fan. Good energy in clubhouse, great attitude and the bat obviously plays.— Sam Panayotovich (@spshoot) November 6, 2019
- What a strange story.
MASN Nationals analyst F.P. Santangelo tweeted at Tempur-Pedic "I need a new bed and want a deal because we're World Champs." They asked for 245K RTs, (his career average was .245), and he then said he was joking and "you lost a lot of customers today." https://t.co/HIo6B679AC— Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) November 7, 2019
- Martín Prado, another guy I didn’t know was still in baseball, is mulling over retirement.
- Super cool moment in the opening week for college hoops.
Kent State's Kalin Bennett becomes the first player with autism to score in a Division I game pic.twitter.com/UMec55pds0— ESPN (@espn) November 7, 2019
- Katie Strang at The Athletic goes behind the curtain to unveil the drug problems running rampant in the NHL. ($)