Hello everyone and happy Monday! We’ve gotten past our first weekend of the offseason. We’ve got a long winter ahead of us. Knowing Jerry, we’ll see some interesting moves over the next couple of months. But until one of those drops, we’ll continue to fill you in on the latest from around baseball. To wit...
In Mariners news...
- Happy belated birthday to Kyle Seager, who turned 32 yesterday.
Happy Birthday to the man at the Hawt Corner! pic.twitter.com/TcU648Pxd8— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) November 3, 2019
Around the league...
- It’s officially Awards Season, and yesterday MLB announced its Gold Glove recipients.
- You’ve got to love stuff like this.
Parra: what is that?— Danny (@recordsANDradio) November 4, 2019
Turner: it’s called a puck.
Parra: that’s a baseball for the hockey! pic.twitter.com/PkaseTkyfE
- The Yankees and Aroldis Chapman agreed to amend a three-year extension at the end of his contract that will pay him $48 million.
- The Cubs have also decided to exercise their option on Anthony Rizzo, ensuring the first baseman stays in Chicago.
- Jon Greenberg at The Athletic outlined just how David Ross became a Cubs hero and what that means for him going forward as the team’s manager. ($)