It’s Mystery Free Agent Day! I’m sure the anticipation will prove to not be worth the result, but it’s not often that we have a tip on Mariners news. While we await that, here are some other things you should know today.
In Mariners news...
- Not the move we were waiting for, but it’s something!
The Seattle #Mariners keep adding: They sign corner OF/1B Jose Marmolejos to minor-league contract with an invitation to their #MLB spring-training camp. He hit .315 with 18 homers, 73 RBI and .909 OPS for Fresno and Harrisburg in #Nats organization last year.— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) November 26, 2019
- This is so sweet.
2 things that have not happened to me till now. A personalized autograph and a return of $ I sent. @logangilbert22 thanks for signing my refractor! Can’t wait to see you pitch for the @Mariners in Seattle some day soon! Happy holidays to you & yours especially mama Gilbert! pic.twitter.com/koxNlOQyC5— Micah Blunt (@M_Bleezie13) November 27, 2019
Around the league...
- Sam Dyson’s girlfriend leveled accusations of domestic violence against the pitcher through her cat’s Instagram page. Major League Baseball has launched an investigation.
This is sickening.— Victoria (@biaginger) November 26, 2019
For those who don't know-- Snuckles is Sam Dyson's cat. The account is run by his girlfriend.
MLB has a domestic violence problem. pic.twitter.com/97PvanySBF
- The Diamondbacks have a new catcher.
Catcher Stephen Vogt is in agreement on a one-year deal with the Arizona Diamondbacks, sources tell ESPN. The deal includes a vesting option for a second season.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 26, 2019
- Under pressure to lower payroll, the A’s are exploring trading Blake Treinen and Jurickson Profar, per Ken Rosethal at The Athletic. ($)
- Dan Szymborski at Fangraphs provided his thoughts on the Mike Zunino extension.
- Federal Baseball wonders how important it is for the Nationals to re-sign Stephen Strasburg and Anthony Rendon.
- For those college basketball fans out there...