Good morning folks! Here’s some news and stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Corey Brock at The Athletic provided his thoughts on the Evan White contract extension. ($)
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times also pitched in his two cents on the White signing, with quotes from the press conference.
Around the league...
- More new threads.
- Ken Rosenthal at The Athletic reports on the complications for the Jacoby Ellsbury-Yankees dispute over the remaining money on this contract. ($)
- The Rays are about to lock up Mike Z for a couple of years.
BREAKING: #Rays working to finalize deal to sign Zunino to 1-year contract for $4.5M, with 2021 option worth $4.5-5.25M. Clearly banking on offensive rebound from former #Mariners catcher. Announcement possible later today. More soon on tampabay dot com.— Marc Topkin (@TBTimes_Rays) November 25, 2019
- Maybe not surprising with the White Sox on the rise and his highest-ever wRC+ for a season was 95.
#WhiteSox Gold Glove 2B Yolmer Sánchez on outright waivers, sources tell The Athletic. Loomed as non-tender candidate with @mlbtraderumors projecting him to earn $6.2M in arbitration. Available to any team in waiver process. CWS clears 40-man roster spot.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) November 25, 2019
- Well...not the Cole everyone has been waiting on.
Source: #BlueJays in agreement with free-agent pitcher AJ Cole.— Robert Murray (@ByRobertMurray) November 25, 2019
- More minor league rebranding!
- Some Seattle sports news...