Hello folks! Here are some links to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- So the M’s have had qualms with this too, no surprise.
Many off the record comments and grumblings from Mariners players over the past few years about this issue in Houston. Even this past year on a specific 13-pitch Alex Bregman at-bat. https://t.co/NWpdmpnMyp— Ryan Divish (@RyanDivish) November 13, 2019
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wrote about how the Mariners are approaching diet in their player development approach. ($)
- Mitch Haniger is drawing interest in the trade market, reports Ken Rosenthal.
Around the league...
- Names continue to emerge as the Pirates search for a new GM.
Astros assistant GM Pete Putila is the mystery third candidate for the Pirates GM job, according to a source. He interviewed in Pittsburgh after the World Series and also interviewed for the Giants GM job this offseason.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) November 13, 2019
Pirates GM derby is believed down to Ben Cherington of the Jays and Matt Arnold of the Brewers. Decision shouldn’t be far off.— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 13, 2019
- Here are some details on the Joe Girardi contract in Philadelphia.
Joe Girardi’s Phillies deal is for about $11M over 3 years guaranteed (plus the option) so not bad but not quite what Maddon got ($12M for 3)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) November 13, 2019
- Looks like he could be returning to the AL West.
The Texas #Rangers are making an aggressive push to sign free agent Josh Donaldson— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) November 13, 2019
- Scott Boras provided his take on Major League Baseball’s declining attendance.
- Ben Clemens at Fangraphs tries to talk the Red Sox out of sending Mookie Betts out of town.
- Devan Fink at Fangraphs tries to figure out what went wrong with Vlad Guerrero, Jr. this season.
- The Cy Young Award winners were announced yesterday.