In Mariners News...
- Here is your latest Mariners roster update:
World Series ends, Hot Stove season begins. These Mariners will become free agents today:— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) October 31, 2019
RH Felix Hernandez
LH Tommy Milone
RH Arodys Vizcaino
INF Ryon Healy
OF Keon Broxton
LH Wade LeBlanc (won't have $5M option picked up)
Around the League...
- Now that’s dedication.
This dude is wearing the shirseys of the entire Astros lineup (NINE (9) SHIRTS) in order and changes when each guy comes up to bat. Unanimous #WorldSeries MVP pic.twitter.com/ERznEyl7vQ— Aaron Chewning (@AaronChewning) October 31, 2019
- The Royals have hired Mike Matheny as their new manager.
The "new" Mike Matheny has hired a media consultant and an analytics consultant: "Hey, I’m meant to manage again. I love managing." How Matheny hopes to change and grow the second time around: https://t.co/zGsbW739kU via @MLB #Royals— Jeffrey Flanagan (@FlannyMLB) October 31, 2019
- A 5-star review.
World Series trophy review:— Obi-Sean Kenobi Doolittle (@whatwouldDOOdo) November 1, 2019
- v shiny
- hard to drink from (we tried)
- impossible to eat cereal out of
- heavier than it looks
- can be worn like a hat
- still in one piece (barely)
- says 2019 World Champions on it
- IS BACK IN DC AND WE CAN’T WAIT TO SHARE IT WITH YOU pic.twitter.com/aU5VpF9WGn
- Bryan Price is the new Phillies pitching coach.
The Phillies have hired Bryan Price as pitching coach, sources told @TheAthleticMLB. Price turned down offers from at least two other teams — Arizona and San Diego. He was coveted this month.— Matt Gelb (@MattGelb) October 31, 2019
- Castillo is headed to the Rangers.
#Rangers acquire catcher Wellington Castillo and international slot money from White Sox for minor-league INF/OF Johan McReynolds.— Jeff Wilson (@JeffWilson_FWST) October 31, 2019
- This is crazy.
For the first time in history, out of the four major professional leagues, Kawhi Leonard and Stephen Strasburg are the first players from the same university to be named postseason MVP in the same season. #GoAztecs pic.twitter.com/EyOT7blwDi— GoAztecs (@GoAztecs) October 31, 2019
- What are the odds of that?!
Freddie Freeman found his mini-me while trick-or-treating— ESPN (@espn) November 1, 2019
- Michael Porter Jr. went to my high school only a few years ago. I used to see him sitting in the bleachers at our football games and stand there, awestruck. While he was on our basketball team, they won state and every tournament possible. I never wanted to miss a game. Now, he’s getting his first NBA minutes. Congrats MPJ!
Checking in for the FIRST NBA MINUTES of his career..— Denver Nuggets (@nuggets) November 1, 2019
MICHAEL PORTER JR!!!#MileHighBasketball pic.twitter.com/wPv0zE6Xsl