Hello everyone! We’ve got a couple of decisive games in the Division Series today, followed by one more tomorrow. Buckle up.
In playoff news...
- There was only one game yesterday, but it was a good one. The Rays tagged up Justin Verlander early and took advantage of a good pitching performance to hang on with a 4-1 win over the Astros, forcing a Game 5.
In Mariners news...
- Congratulations to Julio, who will also be joined by Sam Delaplane and Aaron Fletcher.
Around the league...
- A Tampa Bay Buccaneers player was a lucky fan yesterday.
“That gentleman just barehanded the ball.”— Trevor Sikkema (@TampaBayTre) October 9, 2019
That’s O.J. Howard lmao pic.twitter.com/8gcOuymCWq
- Joe Healy at Baseball America wrote a feature on Eric Wedge, who is taking over the Wichita State baseball program.
- I remain skeptical, but OK.
Just now Oakland Mayor Libby Schaaf confirmed MLB commissioner Rob Manfred said A's might move to Las Vegas as a result of Oakland filing lawsuit against the team.— Sal Castaneda (@sal_castaneda) October 8, 2019
- Sounds like Team Canada is worth keeping an eye on.
Former Mariners outfielder Michael Saunders, and ex-prospects Phillippe Aumont and Gareth Morgan will try to help Canada secure a spot at the Olympics. https://t.co/u9ARGuejhP— Untitled Goose Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) October 8, 2019
- Aaron Gleeman at The Athletic tries to make sense of the Twins’ never-ending losing ways at the hands of the Yankees. ($)
- Speaking of the Yankees...
- Devan Fink at Fangraphs discussed the impact that Jesús Luzardo made in his short stint with the A’s and what he could be going forward.
- Pitchfork continued its all-decade list with the top 200 albums of the last 10 years.