Good morning folks! We’ve got a Game 7 on our hands. It should be a great one. For now, here are some links to get you through the day.
In playoff news...
- The Nats used the longball en route to a 7-2 victory over the Astros.
In Mariners news...
- With Ryon Healy electing free agency, Corey Brock at The Athletic looks to the future at first base for the Mariners. ($)
- Kyle Glaser at Baseball America talked to M’s pitching prospect Penn Murfee, who has a fascinating story.
- Baseball Prospectus did a neat feature on super-prospect Julio Rodríguez. ($)
- Shannon Drayer takes a look ahead to the offseason in her latest story at her blog.
Around the league...
- Revenge is a dish best served cold.
- Packers (and former Seahawks) tight end Jimmy Graham and a Packers athletic trainer combined for perhaps the best couples costume of all time.
Had to represent @JoseAltuve27 and @TheJudge44 from the ALCS at @packers Halloween party! @astros @yankees we are ready for our local tryouts. They call me big red and I hit dingers. @weirnateatc pic.twitter.com/EVpuom28Of— Jimmy Graham (@TheJimmyGraham) October 28, 2019
- More potential posting news.
Name to keep in mind out of Korea: LHP Kwang-Hyun Kim, who wants to play in the majors next season, sources tell The Athletic. His club, SK Wyverns, is currently weighing its options. Kim, 31, had a 2.51 ERA, 180 strikeouts and 38 walks in 190 1/3 innings last season in the KBO.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) October 29, 2019
- Don’t say he didn’t make a comeback.
Dodgers are working to try to finalize deal to make Mark Prior pitching coach— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) October 29, 2019
- This is a huge surprise, but is also great to see.