Good morning everyone! The World Series kicks off today, so here are some links to get you through the day.
In Mariners news...
- The Mariners are what now?
According to Dominican sports journalist @Adanlesther OF Marcell Ozuna could get a 160M$/7 years contract. Reds, White Sox, Marlins, Blue Jays, Cardinals, Royals, Athletics and Mariners on pursuit as of now.@z101digital @ZDeportes https://t.co/UtUPe8lcRJ— Héctor Gómez (@hgomez27) October 21, 2019
- The Seattle Times wonders what the future of the Everett AquaSox looks like if MLB really does shave down the number of minor league teams.
Around the league...
- It’s curtains for CC.
- Craig Calcaterra wrote about the opioid problem in baseball.
- In light of news that an Astros staffer taunted female reporters over the presence of Roberto Osuna on the team, Stephanie Apstein at Sports Illustrated talked about baseball’s attitude towards domestic abuse.
- Dan Szymborski wonders if the Giants can get back to being good without a full-on rebuild.
- Hey look, a trailer.
The saga will end, the story lives forever. Watch the final trailer for @StarWars: #TheRiseOfSkywalker in theaters December 20. Get your tickets now: https://t.co/MLbzRXrCJb pic.twitter.com/RLllQGme76— Star Wars (@starwars) October 22, 2019
- The former UW stud got paid.