In Mariners news...
- Don’t tell the prospects that the Mariners are the sole remaining MLB team not to win a pennant.
- Speaking of Julio, the Times just did a great piece on him.
- The Mariners have been almost heavy-handed in their pursuit of pitching from Elon University, and it appears they just poached a coach away from the organization as well.
- Mariner Sam Delapane got noticed for his work in the AFL.
Around the MLB...
- It’s official: Joe Maddon to the Angels.
Joe Maddon deal with Angels likely to be for 3 years. In the 12-15 mil range.— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) October 16, 2019
- I don’t understand finance at all, but this seems like a good thing for baseball’s economic health. MLB is allowing investment funds to take minority stakes in multiple clubs.
- Kurt Suzuki and his son with the most heartwarming moment of the postseason so far.
Such a great moment for Kurt. He's 42nd all-time in games played at catcher and has had a great career, but he'd never been on a team that won a playoff series until this year. One of many players on this team who's getting a long overdue postseason run. #OnePursuit https://t.co/v7busk4aKI— David Martinez Is Elite (@GhostofDibble) October 16, 2019
- The most recent World Series odds by Fangraphs and Fivethirtyeight...
Odds to win World Series— Jeremy Frank (@MLBRandomStats) October 16, 2019
- I had no idea Héctor Noesí was on an MLB roster, but he isn’t any more...
- Fernando Rodney’s teams have had a great deal of regular season success, some early-postseason success... but no World Series success.
If Fernando Rodney gets in a game for the Nationals in the World Series he will have pitched in the AL Wild Card Game, NL Wild Card Game, ALDS, NLDS, ALCS, NLCS and World Series for both an AL and NL team.https://t.co/T3P7MGtn0C— Aidan Jackson-Evans (@ajacksonevans) October 16, 2019
- This is pretty cool... NASA astronauts are set to complete the first spacewalk with only women.
- In other exciting space news, NASA has awarded Boeing a contract to build up to 10 new rockets.