In playoff news...
- The Nationals poured on the runs in the first, leading them to a 7-4 victory over St. Louis to advance to the franchise’s first-ever World Series appearance.
- Gerrit Cole was excellent, helping the Astros win 4-1 in Game 3 to give Houston a 2-1 series advantage in the ALCS.
In Mariners news...
- Ryan Divish at The Seattle Times recaps the seasons for each of the M’s top 15 prospects.
Around the league...
- Evan Drellich at The Athletic wonders how Major League Baseball can win back the trust of the public on its construction of baseballs. ($)
- MLB Trade Rumors has arbitration projections for this upcoming offseason, for those of you interested in what they think the Mariners players will warrant.
- ESPN is considering tearing down its Sunday Night Baseball broadcast team, except Alex Rodriguez, who is safe.
- This is hilarious.
A lawyer asked a judge for a brief extension due to the @Nationals' playoff run, citing "unflagging support of a certain nine-year old boy" who wants to watch the games.— Zoe Tillman (@ZoeTillman) October 15, 2019
"With the consent of the parents and baseball fans at the Department of Justice, this request is unopposed." pic.twitter.com/ckfC7SpvlI
- After the latest development in the Tyler Skaggs story, Evan Drellich at The Athletic reports that MLB is looking into mandatory opioid testing. ($)
- Yeah, this seems pretty strange.
tHeRe'S nOtHiNg DiFfErEnT aBoUt ThE bAlL pic.twitter.com/8mAGESb1PS— Tyler Stafford (@tylercstafford) October 15, 2019