Good morning everyone! It was a pretty light day for news yesterday, as is the case with most Sundays. But we’ve still got some stuff to get your Monday started.
In playoff news...
- Carlos Correa’s extra-innings walk-off blast against the Yankees led Houston to a 3-2 victory to even up the series in the ALCS.
In Mariners news...
- Jason Churchill at Prospect Insider wonders if the Mariners should explore the possibility of trading for Francisco Lindor.
Around the league...
- Dusty Baker might be getting back in the game soon; the Phillies are planning to interview the former Giants, Cubs, Reds, and Nationals manager.
- This is an interesting development.
Carlos Beltran said the Padres and Cubs want to interview him for manager job, but he isn’t going to take the meetings. He only wants the Mets job. “I’m ready,” he said.— Anthony Rieber (@AnthonyRieber) October 13, 2019
- We’ve been seeing a lot of this with pitchers the Astros have been facing.
Looks like Paxton is tipping or they have the signs. Bregman mouths 'glove' then gives a signal touching the helmet pic.twitter.com/NMh9dD2NZt— Jomboy (@Jomboy_) October 14, 2019
- This friendship/rivalry makes for such great television.
Papi fires up one of his cigars— Paid man gets bored (@cjzero) October 14, 2019
A-Rod: "This is a non-smoking building"
Papi: "I'm not planning on coming back" pic.twitter.com/IpprXlkias
- In case you missed it, the Seahawks had the touchdown celebration of the day, doing the dance routine from *NSYNC’s “Bye Bye Bye”
- If you need a little morning pick-me-up, this is pretty hilarious (language warning).