Good morning everyone! We’re rolling along here at Mariners Moose Track Headquarters, providing you more stories as the week continues.
In Mariners news...
- If any of you have Echo Dots, try this!
- Corey Brock at The Athletic wonders how Yusei Kikuchi fits into the Mariners current plans. ($)
- Check out this story about how Jarred Kelenic was affected by a close friend of his’ battle with cancer.
- Greg Johns wonders where Seattle will go from here now that they have Kikuchi in tow.
Around the league...
- Jonah Keri lists the 15 most player-friendly contracts in baseball right now.
- This should come as little surprise: David Wright will move into the Mets front office as a special advisor.
- I guess the White Sox really think they can jump-start this rebuild soon.
Source confirms: #WhiteSox in agreement with free-agent RHP Kelvin Herrera on two-year, $18M contract. Vesting or club option for third year could bring total value to $27M. Pending completion of physical. First reported: @JeffPassan.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 7, 2019
- Target Field has undergone some changes.
New batter's eye at Target Field for 2019. I thin it's the 4th change in nine years. It's a "living wall" of junipers. pic.twitter.com/trYE39ovYE— Seth Kaplan (@Seth_Kaplan) January 7, 2019
- Indians ace Trevor Bauer has been harassing a random Astros fan online.
- The White Sox have agreed to a one-year deal with outfielder Jon Jay.
- The nation’s top team fell in the National Championship game last night.