I am absolutely fascinated by this menu that went viral a couple days ago.
Hello hi this place by my parents’ has all the pizzas named after significant moments in the owner’s personal life and I love it pic.twitter.com/w18TjLlTPc— gabrielle (@gabriellellewis) January 3, 2019
It has me wondering which of my life events I would name a dish after if I owned a restaurant. Feel free to comment some of your “dish naming worthy” occurrences. Also, check out some news from around baseball.
In Mariners News...
- Dr. Lorena Martin says arbitration violates her right to be heard in open court. The Mariners are taking legal action to prevent her from quashing the arbitration case.
- Our very own Tim Cantu also wrote about the newest happenings in the case between Dr. Lorena Martin and the Mariners.
- Yusei Kikuchi picked up some M’s gear.
- Edgar Martinez looks to be in good position to be inducted into the Hall of Fame.
- Relive Yusei Kikuchi’s first day with the Mariners.
- Six college teams will play a tournament in T-Mobile Park in March.
Tickets are on sale for the Seattle Baseball Showcase (March 8-10), featuring six college programs — Coastal Carolina, Indiana, Oregon State, Minnesota, San Diego, and UW — in a round-robin tournament at T-Mobile Park. https://t.co/Pm8K0QC2Ze pic.twitter.com/mTBUwMjbvj— Editor Joe Veyera (@JoeVeyera) January 4, 2019
Around the League...
- The Rays are reducing the capacity of Tropicana Field.
- MLB Pipeline ranks the fastest prospect in each team’s farm system.
- Checkout this guys Twitter page to see some awesome charts. This one compares the pitches that specific players tend to take.
Here's another one comparing where players take pitches... Interesting to see how certain players differ at pitches they like to swing at pic.twitter.com/xzI5aPbJik— Daren Willman (@darenw) January 4, 2019
- Former Mariner Patrick Kivlehan was signed by the Pirates.
- Statcast suggests Nelson Cruz will still be a force in 2019.
- Baseball Prospectus provides an introduction to the Korean Baseball Organization.
- Jayson Jenks retells Don James’ final days as UW’s head coach ($).