Three Mariners made MLB Pipeline’s Top 100 prospects list. Pitching prospects Justus Sheffield and Justin Dunn made the list at 46th and 91st, while outfielder Jared Kelenic slots in at 56th. The Astros are the only team in the American League West with more prospects in the top 100. With that piece of good news, let’s take a look at other happenings from around baseball.
In Mariners News...
- John provided some analysis regarding the three M’s prospects that rank among MLB Pipeline’s top 100.
- Hisashi Iwakuma posted a picture on Instagram with Yusei Kikuchi at IWA Academy.
- Tui is on the road to recovery.
Feels good todo this again pic.twitter.com/qWL22uDXxx— Sam Tuivailala (@Stuivailala) January 26, 2019
- JRod continuing to put in that offseason work.
- JRod also just reached 1,000 followers on Twitter. Let’s help him reach 10,000!
1000k Thanks to everyone for your support!!!!— Julio Rodriguez (@J_RODrodiguez44) January 25, 2019
- JP Crawford will wear Mike Zunino’s number from last year. Also Jay Bruce will wear 32.
#Mariners— MLB Jersey Numbers (@NumbersMLB) January 26, 2019
INF J.P. Crawford (@jp_crawford) will wear number 3. Last worn by C Mike Zunino in 2018.
OF/1B Jay Bruce will wear number 32. Last worn by LHP Marco Gonzales in 2018. pic.twitter.com/Q0PhneEJuw
- Kyle Lewis and company recently stopped by the Children’s Hospital in Tacoma.
This is what it's all about.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) January 26, 2019
Earlier this week, @KLew_5, Rick Rizzs, @DaveValleMLB, Bill Krueger and the @MarinerMoose paid a special visit to @Mary_Bridge Children's Hospital in Tacoma. #MarinersCaravan pic.twitter.com/26fmyzDqW5
Around the League...
- The future is (almost) now.
Imagine soaring through the air to get to Opening Day 2023 at the Howard Terminal ballpark. https://t.co/mzCUVysa6r pic.twitter.com/B3cdwFjKG3— Oakland Athletics ⚾️ (@Athletics) January 26, 2019
- The gondola featured in the video above is not cheap, but is supposed to bring economic benefit to the city of Oakland.
Kaval said planned construction for Gondola will cost $123 million with a total economic benefit at $685 million dollars for the city of Oakland.— Julian McWilliams (@JulianMack105) January 26, 2019
- Mariano Rivera is going to help develop Yankees pitchers.
"I'm going to start working with the New York Yankees and teaching pitching. So many guys throw hard but don't have command...We need to teach these boys to pitch...Pitchers are getting away from pitching and are focused on throwing hard." - Mariano Rivera on @MLBNetworkRadio— CJ Nitkowski (@CJNitkowski) January 24, 2019
- The Padres are trying to meet with Manny Machado in person.
- Naz Carter dunked on the whole town of Corvallis yesterday.
.@UW_MBB’s Naz Carter put ‘em on a poster.— Pac-12 Network (@Pac12Network) January 26, 2019
High-Speed Highlights are presented by @Xfinity, the official entertainment partner of the Pac-12. pic.twitter.com/zlkcQhd91f