Yesterday, Edgar Martinez sat down to talk with Harold Reynolds about his induction into the Hall of Fame.
I remember when I was five years old my grandparents took my twin sister and I to a Mariners game. They asked who our favorite players were. I chose John Olerud (because I was five and he was number five) and my sister said hers was Edgar Martinez. Since then I’ve always remembered Edgar in my head as “Edgar Martinez - Jamie’s favorite player.” Well, I don’t really know why I shared all that other than to say congrats, Edgar!
In Mariners News...
- At the Mariners luncheon a couple days ago, the Mariners denied claims made by Dr. Lorena Martin. She said she is still confident the truth will come out.
Lorena Martin read a statement this morning in response to comments from yesterday's #Mariners luncheon, saying she isn't surprised about denials. "But I still believe and have faith that the truth will come out.” https://t.co/xRKRweCaJr— TJ Cotterill (@TJCotterill) January 25, 2019
- A graphical representation of being a Mariners fan.
Every teams wins - losses differential since 2000. pic.twitter.com/dw2GAErg0r— Daren Willman (@darenw) January 25, 2019
- Five former M’s recently signed minor league deals.
5 former Mariners sign minor league deals.— Mariners Minors (@MiLBMariners) January 26, 2019
Ryan Casteel - Braves
Boog Powell - Padres
Gordon Beckham - Tigers
Luis Sardinas - Nationals
Vidal Nuno - Nationals
Good luck to them!
- Checkout the new sod in T-Mobile Park.
Around the League...
- Tropicana Field is now cashless.
- Fangraphs’ most recent ZiPs projection - on the Miami Marlins - is here.
- Jerry Crasnick got hired by MLBPA.
Veteran baseball scribe @jcrasnick hired by MLBPA as senior advisor: player, agent, and media relations.— Eric Fisher (@EricFisherSBJ) January 25, 2019
- A pair of former Mariners made an appearance on the 2018 hard hit percentage leaderboard.
2018 leaders in...— David Adler (@_dadler) January 25, 2019
Hard-hit % (exit velo only) vs.
Sweet spot % (launch angle only) vs.
HH + SwSp % (both EV and LA) pic.twitter.com/RaM7Asqdnz
- SABR announced the finalist for their Analytics Conference Research Awards.
- Baseball America released their top 200 MLB Draft rankings.
- The Padres are changing uniforms in 2020.
- Marco Estrada signed a one-year deal with Oakland.
Source says the A’s have agreed to a one-year deal with Marco Estrada.— Jane Lee (@JaneMLB) January 25, 2019
- MLB announced a handful of MiLB suspensions last night.
#MiLB Suspensions announced by MLB:#Reds AZL P Junior Harding (50 games) for Methylphenidate.#Twins Class A P Alex Schick (50 games) for Amphetamine.#Orioles GCL OF Trey Whitley (50 games) for second positive test for a drug of abuse.— Emily Waldon (@EmilyCWaldon) January 25, 2019
- Medium compiled a list of the most redundant words to exclude from your writing.