It’s Friday! That means we’ve got your fresh links all ready to go, as always.
In Mariners news...
- C. Trent Rosecrans at The Athletic spoke to the newest Mariner, Shed Long, regarding how he feels about going to Seattle. ($)
- The Tigers have claimed Kaleb Cowart off waivers from the Mariners.
- Here’s a health update on a couple of M’s relievers.
Sam Tuivailala is progressing well but still looking at a June return. Something new, the M's have slowed down Anthony Swarzak in his preparations for the season. will take things slow in spring training but expected to be ready for Opening Day.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) January 24, 2019
- The team is looking to try something new on the coaching side.
Wrote about this a couple of weeks ago but the Mariners will have 2 assistant hitting coaches rotate through the big league club. Goal is to utilize different different skills. On the pitching side, Brian Delunas will be in uniform with the team when they are home.— Shannon Drayer (@shannondrayer) January 24, 2019
- How do you all feel about these?
The return of powder blue. Introducing a new Spring Training uniform, as well as a brand new cap for spring as well as BP throughout the season. #TrueToTheBlue pic.twitter.com/oG4kbZUO1h— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) January 24, 2019
- Never fear, we’ve got your Julio content here.
JRODshow has arrived‼️ ☄️ pic.twitter.com/eVLGknQ6Qk— Julio Rodriguez (@J_RODrodiguez44) January 25, 2019
Around the league...
- I know it isn’t the holiday season anymore, but I was alerted to this video of Adrián Beltré accidentally appearing in a J.C. Penny holiday video where the woman hosting it doesn’t seem to know who he is (I love the “can we donate it?” line. She has no idea the dude is loaded).
- Major League Baseball is considering going back to the 15-day DL to prevent teams from gaming the system to get fresh bullpen arms onto their team.
- The Dodgers continue to add onto their superteam as they’ve signed A.J. Pollock to a five-year pact.
- Eric Stephen tries to sort out the Dodgers outfield now with Pollock in the fold.
- And there goes another bullpen arm.
#Cubs in agreement with free-agent reliever Brad Brach, pending a physical, sources tell The Athletic.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 24, 2019
- As some of you may know, I went to a school called Hofstra University in New York. Their basketball team (yes, they’re Division I) is on a 15-game winning streak, which is the longest such streak in the country. And during yesterday’s win, they made this incredible shot.
MBB: OMG! ELI PEMBERTON TO END THE FIRST HALF FOR #HOFSTRA! FULL COURT! PRIDE LEADS, 42-33. #RoarWithPride #SCtop10 #SCtop10 #SCtop10 pic.twitter.com/Lc6wwfua7q— Hofstra Basketball (@HofstraMBB) January 25, 2019
- The Huskies keep on rolling and are now a perfect 6-0 in conference play (yes, I’m a fan of both teams. My Thursday and Saturdays are incredibly hectic).
DUBS UP‼️— Washington Men's Basketball (@UW_MBB) January 25, 2019
The Dawgs defeat the Ducks 61-56 in Eugene!#TougherTogether pic.twitter.com/c4Wbz5aqiq