I saw this video yesterday.
I was curious to hear where you stand on Barry Bonds and other steroid users’ candidacy for the Hall of Fame. I encourage you to share your thoughts in the comment section. I also encourage you to read the links.
In Mariners News...
- This is a couple weeks old, but former Mariner Matt Tuiasosopo is the manager for the Rome Braves.
- Braden Bishop is hosting an event to benefit Alzheimer’s research in Glendale, Arizona on March 3rd.
TOP GOLF 4 ALZHEIMER’S— Braden Bishop (@bradenbishop7) January 20, 2019
Buy tickets here: https://t.co/KfLaUo2Ghd
- The people have spoken!
Would you vote Edgar Martinez into Cooperstown?— MLB (@MLB) January 19, 2019
- I am not prepared for this!
- MLB Network named Mitch Haniger the fourth best right fielder in baseball.
Around the League...
- The Dodgers are targeting AJ Polluck.
Hearing increasing chatter about #Dodgers’ interest in free-agent outfielder A.J. Pollock. No indication a deal is close, but he is a target for them. Offers ability to play CF and RH balance. Bellinger, Pederson, Toles, Verdugo all LH. Taylor and Hernandez RH, but also play IF.— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) January 19, 2019
- Joe Madden, who was criticized earlier for comments regarding Addison Russell’s domestic violence incident, said this yesterday.
First fan question for Joe starts by saying he'd like him extended, but also expresses disappointment in how Joe handled Addison Russell DV incident and Melisa Reidy blog. Maddon apologizes if the fan "misinterpreted" his intent.— Sahadev Sharma (@sahadevsharma) January 19, 2019
Bless your heart, Joe Simpson. https://t.co/tcuetuUyxS— Craig Calcaterra (@craigcalcaterra) January 19, 2019
- This will be worth keeping an eye on for the next few weeks.
Hearing rumblings that Major League Baseball has found that the Los Angeles Dodgers are in violation of rules involving the international free agency market. There is word they will get penalized similar to what the Atlanta Braves received a year ago— Dan Federico (@DanJFederico) January 19, 2019
- The Twins signed former Ranger Martin Perez.
Updated #MNTwins roster projection: SP Martin Perez agreed to 1-yr contract ($ not yet reported) with '20 club option.https://t.co/vvpEcDKMzj— Jason Martinez (@mlbdepthcharts) January 19, 2019
Perez had a 6.22 ERA, 3.8 BB/9, 5.5 K/9 in 85.1 IP (22 games, 15 GS) with the Rangers in '18. pic.twitter.com/omqzS4B047
Yankees, Reds are finalizing the Sonny Gray trade. infield prospect Shed Long and a draft pick are expected to go to NY, and possibly a 3rd lesser piece. Long is an excellent hitter, fair defender. Just need to cross t’s, dot i’s (ie medicals, 40-man considerations, etc.)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 20, 2019
- Might we eventually see Nolan Arenado in a Yankees’ uniform?
Just to clear up something that’s getting a lot of play in NY today: Yankees and Rockies are not talking about an Arenado trade, and Yankees wouldn’t send Miguel Andujar in package for Arenado. That said, have heard NYY loves Arenado, a free agent after ‘19 (what’s not to love?)— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 20, 2019
- The Huskies won their 1000th game in Hec Ed yesterday.