Good morning everybody! Since yesterday was a holiday, we’re a little shallow on links once again. But now that the holiday season is over, we should get back into high gear here soon. Meanwhile, here are some stories to get your day started.
In Mariners news...
- Greg Johns discusses the Mariners’ signing of Yusei Kikuchi, with some gathered quotes from Jerry Dipoto earlier this offseason.
Around the league...
- Some people thought he would be a good fit for the Mariners. Well, he’s off the board now.
Free agent shortstop Troy Tulowitzki is in agreement on a deal with the New York Yankees pending a physical, league sources tell ESPN. Tulowitzki is expected to join the Yankees on a league-minimum deal, with the Toronto Blue Jays paying the remainder of his $20 million salary.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) January 2, 2019
- Will Leitch gives every MLB team a New Year’s resolution for 2019.
- Brodie Van Wagenen may not be done wheeling and dealing for the Mets, notes the New York Post.
- Jayson Stark at The Athletic lists the strangest stats from the 2018 season. ($)
- MLB Trade Rumors takes a look at how American League teams have upgraded at their worst positions this offseason. They also did the same thing for National League teams.
- Rest in peace, Tyler.