It may be cold and overcast here, but a video of the Mariners’ High Performance Camp will hopefully brighten your Saturday morning.
It all starts with player development.— Seattle Mariners (@Mariners) January 18, 2019
For our top prospects, that doesn't stop in the offseason. pic.twitter.com/34dhcCWBTG
Pretend you are in pleasant, sunny Peoria as you peruse this morning’s links.
In Mariners News...
- Read this amazing story about A-Rod’s stint with the Calgary Cannons.
- Ethan Katz is leaving the Mariners organization for an opportunity with the Giants.
Starting a new chapter and joining the great @SFGiants as their assistant pitching coordinator. It’s a very exciting time for the organization and I’m looking forward to being a part of it! #SFGiants #MLB pic.twitter.com/9VD9KBhNLK— Ethan Katz (@ethankatz) January 18, 2019
- Marco Gonzales will be rocking a new number next year.
- Brett Gleason, who was the Rainiers’ communications director, is headed to work for the University of Arizona.
Exciting personal news: After four seasons, today will be my last day with the Tacoma Rainiers. Starting Feb. 1st I will begin a new role with the University of Arizona as an Assistant Director of Communication Services working with @ArizonaBaseball and @ArizonaFBall! pic.twitter.com/4weaCtxwyc— Brett Gleason (@brett_gleason) January 18, 2019
- La Vida Baseball wrote about Edgar Martinez, world class baseball player and humanitarian.
- Young Jarred Kelenic ate in style growing up.
Around the League...
- Minor League spray charts are now available on Baseball Savant. I now know what I will be doing in class this quarter.
Lots of new features rolled out today on savant... Ill started a thread here:— Daren Willman (@darenw) January 18, 2019
Minor league spray charts for any player back to 2010. Here's Vlad Jr. https://t.co/djpc2CoCX5
- The Reds are closing in on Sonny Gray.
Reds 'making progress' in deal for Sonny Gray https://t.co/PzAPv0QlEc— Rotoworld Baseball (@Rotoworld_BB) January 18, 2019
- Logan Morrison shared some knowledge on an Instagram comment.
Logan Morrison showed up in the comments of Evan Longoria's Instagram about free agency with a rebuttal to a fan who tried the ol' "my expensive tickets pay your salary" https://t.co/EoEEIgQjUj pic.twitter.com/J34OSp6Xyv— Emma Baccellieri (@emmabaccellieri) January 18, 2019
- Baseball America published a mock draft ($).
- This means the Mariners are gonna sign him, right?
- Can we be that mystery team, please?
Have heard there is indeed a mystery team in Manny derby, and also recently heard that team had the high bid (impression also was that the surprise team wasn’t necessarily his preferred landing spot but maybe $ will decide) https://t.co/Im9JgVyPWQ— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) January 19, 2019
- Kris Bryant says Bryce Harper is not signing with the Cubs.
Kris Bryant, on Bryce Harper: “He’s not signing here.” Said Cubs have a “killer team” even without any major additions. Added that he doesn’t talk about the FA process with Harper.— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) January 18, 2019
- Fangraphs is helping fans prepare for their fantasy baseball drafts.
- 19-year-old Denis Shapovalov showed well against the world’s top-rated tennis player, Novak Djokovic.