Hello everybody! Yesterday was far slower than Monday was, but things are going to get especially exciting with Hall of Fame announcements right around the corner. Here’s what we’ve got for you today...
In Mariners news...
- He’s staying in the division!
Outfielder John Andreoli, who was DFA'd last week by the Mariners, has been claimed off waivers by the Rangers.— Greg Johns (@GregJohnsMLB) January 15, 2019
- Wade LeBlanc doesn’t see the 2019 Mariners as being significantly worse than the 2018 M’s were.
- Big news coming out of Charleston...
BREAKING NEWS— West Virginia Power (@wv_power) January 15, 2019
The West Virginia Power is excited to announce that we have signed the most sought after free agent in the off-season! @RodBToast is our new Director of Fun!
MORE: https://t.co/WJLQOVzuyb pic.twitter.com/T6rcM65hyF
- Jason Churchill checks in on the state of the Mariners’ payroll.
Around the league...
- Another day, another Puig adventure.
- I just learned that he hasn’t even played an MLB game since 2016.
.@MLBNetwork Melvin Upton announces he will be officially known as B.J. Upton, once again.— sboeck (@scott_boeck) January 15, 2019
- Andrew Simon takes a look at the biggest upgrades that teams have made this offseason, giving the Mariners props for their outfield improvements.
- Oh no.
This is truly, truly an awful story to report: Rangers Hall of Famer John Wetteland has been arrested & charged with child sex abuse charge: https://t.co/3Smd5HlyH6— Evan Grant (@Evan_P_Grant) January 15, 2019
Working on more details here.
- Bartolo Colón is planning to stick around in the big leagues.
- I mean, that’s a hell of a way to call your shot.
The #Phillies will have Bryce Harper or Manny Machado or possibly both in uniform on opening day— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) January 16, 2019
Helloooo, I get asked fairly often by editors if I have recs for women who want to apply for entry level baseball/sportswriting jobs. I don't always have a lot of names to give out, so if you are a lady who wants to hear about these things could you reply to this tweet?— Lindsey Adler (@lindseyadler) January 16, 2019
- Curtis Granderson intends to come back next season.