Hello folks! It’s Monday, as I’m sure you’re all well aware. That means we’ve got you a fresh batch of Monday links. While there isn’t a whole lot of Mariners news, or even baseball news for that matter, we’ve got what you need.
In Mariners news...
- Evan White was named to MLB Pipeline’s All-Defensive Team for 2018.
Around the league...
- Things got pretty interesting in the Kyler Murray negotiations last night, with the A’s putting the full court press on the college student to play baseball rather than football. Major League Baseball got involved, reportedly allowing Oakland to spend more money than is usually allowed on this kind of player to keep him off the gridiron.
- Here’s some more insight on how that might sort out...
Sources told me that when Shohei Ohtani came over last year MLB warned teams that a quick contract extension after he signed would be treated as a circumvention and punished harshly. Ohtani was playing well in MLB. Dont see how MLB will view Murray situation differently.— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) January 13, 2019
- The White Sox have reportedly offered Manny Machado an eight-year contract.
- Will Leitch tries to find a player on each team who is most likely to still be with his organization in 2025.
- Here’s some baby turtle content for you all.
- Can we get some Snoop on baseball too?
The LA Kings had Snoop Dogg in the booth doing play-by-play tonight and it was amazing pic.twitter.com/SbyFc8U4LF— Josh Billinson (@jbillinson) January 13, 2019
- This is absolutely nuts. I wonder how much they had to rehearse this.
I mean... sensational. Happy Sunday x pic.twitter.com/u7bvUBrdSG— James Corden (@JKCorden) January 13, 2019
- This makes me want to get into college gymnastics.