Good morning everyone! Happy Labor Day to you all. While many of you take the day off, here are some links to keep you covered.
In Mariners news...
- TJ Cotterill at The News Tribune wonders if last night’s game essentially put things away for the A’s.
Around the league...
- I have checked this and verified its accuracy. Nuts.
Which one of these players is Brady Feigl? Trick question: they are both named Brady Feigl. One is in the Rangers system, and the other is in the A's system. pic.twitter.com/nCIufSkpdQ— Levi Weaver (@ThreeTwoEephus) September 1, 2018
- Well it didn’t take Shohei Ohtani long to get back into form.
Shohei Ohtani, Filthy 84mph Slider. pic.twitter.com/OkKyc5XCb6— Rob Friedman (@PitchingNinja) September 3, 2018
- But the joy might not last long...
Ohtani's velocity trends tonight are absolutely horrifying pic.twitter.com/2l0aUPamUM— Mike Petriello (@mike_petriello) September 3, 2018
- A strange accomplishment by the former Mariner who has been one of the most oft-used position players on the mound.
In addition to Rangers setting club record with 13 extra base hits today, Chris Gimenez became just the 2nd “pitcher” to ever hit a home run in either Arlington Stadium or Globe Life Park. Oakland’s Rollie Fingers was the other, 6/27/72 at Arlington Stadium.— John Blake (@RangerBlake) September 2, 2018
- This is definitely going to be a big point of discussion this offseason.
This is as close as you're ever going to get to a GM admitting that a player was kept in the minors to suppress his service time. https://t.co/6v7oZG02dE— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) September 2, 2018
- Uh oh...
Updated statement from the Padres regarding tonight's giveaway: pic.twitter.com/6zPfApz7BO— San Diego Padres (@Padres) September 2, 2018
- Former Mariner and current White Sox catcher Welington Castillo just returned from an 80-game PED suspension.
- There’s a chance that Royals outfielder Jorge Soler is out for the season. The former Cub was in the middle of a breakout year.
- The Braves have re-acquired outfielder Preston Tucker from the Reds.
- It’s college football season and some guys are having fun with it.